“Nice seal, good ambience and fantastic service ”
Review of LB Steak

LB Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
LB Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,215 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stevens Creek
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We were served by a very friendly and helpful waitress .. can't recall her name - Jessica? Great food here ranged form steak , lobster, oyster,fish. Great choice of wines too! Easy assess and centrally located in Santana Row. Highly recommended if you look for a great steak!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We brought clients from the top engineering universities from across the nation, in town for business in Silicon Valley. Tried picking a place convenient to hotels and airport. Hoping to have a great meal we found when we arrived to this place it was empty (before 6:30 on a weeknight). Is that a good sign? Probably not! Plenty of wait staff but had to ask for menus, seated in the path to bathrooms and kitchen, had to ask for water, bread, had to constantly search for our server, food came out cold and no one from management checked on us considering we were ordering high price meals and bottles of wine! We had used yelp reviews to guide us in selecting this place. Turned out to be embarrassing for those of us that were a part of a Silicon Valley host group.

1  Thank CLTierney
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are definitely foodies. However we like to sit at the bar. We feel that you can really get the feel of a restaurant from a bar stool. Tonight we had an incredible experience at LB.
We had the pleasure of being served by Paolo. He not only makes a perfect cocktail. He also suggested the perfect meal.
Personally I think LB is the best steak house in all of the bay area. No need for any of their amazing sauces. They cook there steaks perfectly. Seasoned just enough to bring out the natural flavor of the meat.
If you choose to go to LB don't skimp. You definitely get what you pay for. Splurge and feel good about it!

1  Thank AdventureMonkey12
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Had business dinner here during the past week, interesting ambience - outside seating is "casual" vs. inside linen service, same price for both, so on booking I'd recommend your preference is stated.

Let me start by saying this is a steakhouse, my colleague had porter cut, looked excellent, and he shared that it was really good. I had the halibut, which was good but not mouthwatering, slightly over-cooked, the veg salad served with it was really good.

I had tomato and peach salad to start, simple ingredients and really good.

Offered a Great California wine selection -

Overall as a business venue it's worth a visit. It lacks personal touch/attention, service was good,good food no doubt, good wine menu - dare I say it..I found it a bit pretentious vs. quality of food.

I would go back but it's not on my top 10 for this region

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I was not there for a special occasion but based on the restaurant I was hoping for a really nice dinner with great service. Nothing was wrong but from beginning to end it was just average. To start we split a salad and we had to split ourselves. Steaks were cooked correctly but I ended up ordering steak sauce. Service was robotic.

Been to LB Steak? Share your experiences!