“Great find”
Review of Firehouse No.1

Firehouse No.1
Reserve with OpenTable
Firehouse No.1 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 2,214 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: USD 7 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Firehouse No. 1 Bar & Grill is a outstanding San Jose destination when you're looking for great food, delicious drinks, and friendly people. Gastro pub quality fare made from scratch in addition to impressive daily specials. A vast and well stocked bar that includes hand crafted cocktails in addition to draft and bottle beers, and select wines. Be sure to participate in the occasional whole bar sing-alongs, or cheer the bartenders on as they prepare exotic flaming drinks and smash bottles behind the bar. Lots of LCD screens when there is a sporting event or Sharks game - or just digital flames all around late at night. Open from 11AM until 2AM weekdays with happy hour from 3pm to 7pm. On weekends, open from 4PM until 2AM. We have full table service both inside and on the patio. Patio heaters when its cold.
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I was in San Jose on business and found Firehouse. It was very busy, but they were able to get us a table. Great food, drinks and atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend and it was great! The food was delicious, I got the beer salad and he got steak. There was a mix-up on the dessert, with a lot of confusion, but it got all sorted out. They were all very friendly. It was quiet and has a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Very friendly atmosphere and staff. We arrived around 4:30pm on a week night. Not a big crowd at this time. We shared a asparagus dish with an egg on top and other spices. Delicious $10.25. A Brie cheese with arugula and some sweet topping along with some spices and bread. Incredible pleas give it a try $14. We also had the chicken breast with mushrooms, cauliflower and soft sweet potatoes. The chicken was tasty and not over cooked. Also very good. $19. Total $43. They have some great deserts. We saw a group having steak and were given a selection of knives to choose to cut the steak. Outside seating is available so are reservation.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

While aimlessly wandering around San Jose, I decided to stop in for a beer to cool off and I was glad I did.

The bartenders are really into beer and gave me some great suggestions. They were very personable and gave me a number of suggestions of things to do in the area. I'm really into hiking and they turned me onto a number of trails in the area, which was really helpful.

Let's not forget the food though. this is a real gastro-pub type of place and paired the good beer selection with some really excellent food. I didn't expect fine cuisine while at the bar, but that's exactly what I got.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Popped in while in San Jose for dinner, although the menu is fairly limited, there was enough to satisfy both my wife, who had the chicken and myself as I had the burger, both were very tasty and well presented, staff where very friendly and place had a good atmosphere.