“Great food worth the trip”
Review of Pazzo

Pazzo
Ranked #22 of 142 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

As seen on TV. It lives up to the show. We drove 160 miles just for dinner.
For starters we ordered the beet salad and the meatballs. Order was on the table in about 10 minutes. Surprised me due to how busy the restaurant was. We did wait about 20 minutes for a table, however, that was during the peak time on a Saturday evening. I’ve never considered myself a foodie. I do like to eat. There were layers of flavor in both the salad and the meatballs. They have a wood fired pizza oven, so I ordered pizza. The wife ordered ravioli. Both item were off the hook good. There’s also a good wine list for pairing with your meal.
They do accept reservations on a limited basis. They also have a takeout option. Along with a great menu that also have daily specials.
Worth the drive worth a wait. Fast friendly staff.
Don’t forget dessert.
Enjoy

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Nice neigborhood Italian restaurant with a brick oven. You can watch the bread and pizza baking in the oven from just about any table. Pizza wirh 8 slices cost $18. Glass of wine costs $10 - $13 a glass. Staff was friendly .

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Pazzo was recommended by my friend who knew that I loved Italian cuisine. I even tried one of their meals she brought to the office and it tasted great. At this point my expectations were set pretty high. Unfortunately, my visit at Pazzo was average at best with ridiculously slow service and mediocre food. The waiter must have had a bad day. Literally, I spent almost an hour waiting for his next move while he was doing absolutely nothing (staring at the wall to be more specific). Let's focus on food. Mozzarella Fritta ordered for a starter turned out to be a stiff, gummy piece of cold cheese topped with tomato sauce. Believe me, the sauce was the best part of the dish. Cavatelli (slow-braised pork ragu, Pecorino Romano cheese) was a much better choice, still far from ideal. The pork was cooked too short thus I had to deal with tough pieces of meat. Considering the circumstances, I was not eager to try any dessert. In the end I noticed I was charged for bread which I had not ordered. I left leaving $1 tip. Won't be going back for sure.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Waited over an hour for a table for two on Saturday night. Tables were available but the front reception person did not seat people immediately. Need to work on seating people faster. Pizza was great. Other items were average.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This is in my mind the best pizza around. Had crafted with very good fresh ingredients cooks in a real wood pizza oven. Great job

Date of visit: February 2018