“Best Southern Cuisine on the Peninsula”
Review of Creola

Creola
Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in San Carlos
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Holly St.
Description: Hours of Operation Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday 5-9 pm Friday & Saturday 5 - 9:30 pm Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11 - 2:30 pm Brunch: Saturday & Sundays 10:30 - 2:30 pm
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Great spot to get a taste of New Orleans. Everything on the menu is delicious. My fave is definitely the fried chicken.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My husband and I have ordered take out - Family Chicken - a few times and it is wonderful. A fantastic value at $28, which provides 2 dinners and 2 lunches. So we decided to test the Sunday Brunch and were not disappointed. We started with beignets - fantastic! My husband had the Oeufs with crab super delicious and perfectly prepared. I had the Pain perdu - French toast with a wonderful syrup and caramelized bananas. Absolutely wonderful though perhaps a bit too heavy handed with the powdered sugar. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Right up front, let's get this straight, I like this place. So much that I requested my Son and his wife take me there for Father's Day when they asked. Note: due to schedule conflicts, Father's Day this year was observed on Friday night. Now that the intro is out of the way, let's get to the food.

We started the evening off with Crawfish Hush puppies, Oysters' en Brochette and Ahi Tuna Taco Tare Tare for our starters split between 4 people. We paired those delicacies with a house rose` wine, Raspberry Vodka Lemonade, Maker's Mark Manhattan, and a Light Amber Ale going around the table. Perfect, perfect!!

Entrees wise, in that same order, we individually chose Buttermilk Brined Fried Chicken, one Mardi Gras Menu with Shrimp CreoLa entree, Shrimp & Crawfish Étouffée and I had the one pound Crayfish special. Great Scot, they were really good but quite a mess to eat. The rest of us passed our plates so we could all sample the unique flavors and tastes of true New Orleans Bistro cuisine. Yes, to die for!!!

Now to the sweet part of the trip there. Try a slice of Pecan Cheese Cake (included as part of the Mardi Gras menu) and one of my all time favorites, Bread Pudding. As usual, we all passed the items around so everyone can sample and comment. Exquisite, they were that good!!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads (and Grand Dads) out there.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I lived in the south for several years so I am familiar with southern cooking. The cuisine here is a higher class version of southern dishes.

We started off with the fried okra. I can’t be a good judge as I’ve never had okra I found palatable. I will say it wasn’t as slimy as some I’ve tasted.

My husband and I shared the buttermilk brined fried chicken. It came with mashed potatoes, collards and mascarpone jalapeño cornbread. The chicken was juicy and tender, but not a typical southern fried with crunchy crust as you would get at say Mrs. Wilke’s in Savannah. This is a healthier version. The collards were cooked perfectly and flavorful without the bitterness you can sometimes get. The cornbread was a disappointment, mushy and undercooked with no flavor. The other type of cornbread they served is a nice northern style, which is soft and cake-like as opposed to southern style, which is flat and dry. They should stick with that one.

Our daughter had the jambalaya and liked it very much. All in all, it was a good experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service! Loved the halibut special, also tried the hush puppies. Recommend making reservations