“Nice offerings and bar”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Very helpful and nice wait staff to make suggestions about mixing and matching with the menu. Full bar and speciality drink menu and select wine and beer. We ordered small plates to share. Best dish was dry cauliflower salad. We also had chicken lollipops, which were not spicy at all, but flavorful. Noodle dish and crispy spicy beef were the other dishes. All pretty good. We didn’t find our dishes to be overly spicy and will try some others next time. Vegetarian options and large plate offerings too. Very good all around. Definite mix of southeast and south Asian flavors.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We have been here several times. The food & service is great. The cuisine here is Indo-Chinese, which is Chinese with an Indian twist. We've had many items. Hong Kong Cake,Tofu in Hot Garlic Sauce, Pepper Salt Corn, Vegetable Cake, Spicy Tofu Tangra Style, Red Hot Noodles, Vegetable Hot & Sour Soup & Vegetable Munchow Soup are very good. Vegetable Momos are ok as they are bland. The Zucchini & Asparagus was too hot. Homemade lemonade is nice. We have always liked the food. For the 2 of us 2-4 sides are enough. The main dishes are quite large. Parking is on the street or in nearby parking structures.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

For lunch, my vegetarian clients recommended we meet at Red Hot Chilli Pepper. Wow! Was I was impressed!
Two of us ordered cups of Sweet Corn soup which was very flavorful, while our third ordered the Hot and Sour soup.
She immediately tasted MSG which indicated they use it. Our server, Ashley, and the manager instantly revised our order so that the kitchen would not add MSG to our lunch dishes.
Excellent:
Cauliflower in Manchurian Sauce (cauliflower, cilantro, onion, scallion, ginger),
Szechwan Eggplant (eggplant, scallion, ginger, garlic, onion, chili paste),
Pan Fried Chilli Tofu (tofu, scallion, red and green pepper, chili paste),
Steamed brown rice,
Hot tea.
We sat adjacent to the bar where the ceiling is higher, so it was a bit noisier than on the right side of the dining room. Our server Ashley was friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful when we asked her about some of the menu options.
I will definitely return to Red Hot Chilli Pepper in downtown San Carlos!

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I was craving chinese food and I got the best one here! Had a great time and lovely food! Cant wait to go back!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I don't know what Indo Chinese is but it's pretty good. Had the hot and sour soup, which was outstanding, probably among the best hot and sour I have ever had. Also have the seafood in shrimp sauce which was equally excellent. Really solid flavoring not too spicy but enough to let you know there's some heat behind it. They have the ghost chili but no thanks I don't see the point in torturing myself just for the sake of heat. If you're into that by all means go for it. Excellent place, I would definitely come back for lunch or dinner again.