“Quite rough on the edges”
Review of Budget Motel

Budget Motel
Budget Motel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Well if you just wish to have a place to crash for an early morning flight departure out of SFO then this place might work.The hotel premises give you the feeling that you're in a bad neighborhood which isn't really the case.The building is in need of a paintjob....badly.
The blankets hadn't been washed in a while yet the bedsheets look like they had been changed yet matress was hard as a rock.The bathroom looked like a restroom you would see in a shady nightclub.Room had a mini-fridge, wall A/C Heater,television,old curtains that sagged, floor needed a real mopping.The people at check-in were decent people yet if you need ice for your bucket then you'll have to go to the liquor store around the corner.There's no shuttle service so be prepaired to fork over $15.00 USD for a cab to SFO which is about 2 1/2 miles away.This isn't really a place you'd want to bring your kids as they may have nightmares sleeping here.... so don't turn out the lights.....no kidding.

Room Tip: Save the cab fare by applying it to somewhere a little nicer around SFO that has free courtesy shutt...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank kraor

Reviewed 27 September 2011

My daughter and i are from san diego, ca. we stayed here 2 nights. both nights we slept very peacefully. the property was quiet. staff was nice. housekeeping was good. we would rate this motel a thumbs up. thank you.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank alicia v
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Run by what looks like a nice Indian family. Anyway, my wife said the lady at the front desk was nice. The location is good for the SF airport, which is nice for travelers who just need to be near for a 6:00 am flight, as we were. But we had two kids with us and had planned on placing the older one on the floor. After seeing no less than 6 cockroaches, my wife brought him in the bed with us. I went to the front desk just to alert them to the cockroach problem, but the lady said that it wasn't true and they sprayed monthly. I said, regardless, we'd seen them and that was fact. She just stared at me incredulously and I left.

So, the hotel is decent except for the roaches, which may be a big deal. If it wasn't for the lady implying I was a liar, I don't think it would've been so bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank hnic17
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, and ROACHES. I encountered 5 or 6 in the hour that I spent awake in this room, and it was still daylight. My husband went to the front desk to alert management to the situation (no demands or accusations, truly just to let them know), and he was told "That's impossible, we spray every month." So while I was back in the room picking a roach off my toddler's pillow, my husband was being accused of lying. I certainly will not go back to this motel, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else (unless you actually like roaches). If you do decide to stay here, keep in mind that there is no shuttle to the airport, and I can ride will cost about $14 plus a tip. So if you can find a hotel that costs $15 or $20 more but offers a free shuttle, then you come out having paid the same amount . . . and you probably end up staying somewhere nicer, too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank chaboinga
Reviewed 31 July 2011

No money is put back into this hotel. My husband and I were desperate and needed a place to stay everything was booked up. We called .2 miles away and was told we could get a room for $70. We get there 2 seconds later and the lady says ohh that was just taken now all we have is this 2 bed room for 90. Like i said we were desperate so we took it. Stains all over the walls, you can hear everything through the paper thin walls. Horrible place and lying staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple