“Great sushi atmosphere”

Miyagi's Sushi
Ranked #23 of 356 Restaurants in San Bernardino
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Every experience has been good. I have gone there solo, with my wife and with my son and every time it's right on. I enjoy sitting at the bar because I get ideas for trying new items. They have the only Cuban sushi chef in the world Hahaha, and me being Cuban, that's a plus. LOL

Reviewed 24 October 2015

I'm a big fan of raw seafood, grilled seafood, and almost any variation fish, crab, octopus, sea urchin, on and on can be prepared! Add steamed white rice to it and I'm in heaven! But when a sushi house goes the extra mile to be innovative without loosing is authenticity in flavors, then you know you've visited Miyagi's Sushi!

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

Before going here my total experience with sushi was a cucumber roll in a Georgia Japanese restaurant so I am not one to give a big comparison of all sushi. All I can say is that I went with two very experienced cousins and this was their favorite sushi restaurant. They lovingly referred to it as "getto sushi". Needless to say over the next 90 minutes or so we consumed three rounds of excellent food and I now consider myself a fan of both sushi and this establishment. My only regret is that I will have a difficult time matching the quality of both the food and fun atmosphere of this restaurant when I return to Georgia.

1  Thank tykruk
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Although I have no complaints about the quality of the food itself, the service is terrible!!! On Saturday, 5/30/15 my friend and I went to Myagi Sushi to order carryout. When we made the order, I discovered I had accidentally left my wallet at home, so we needed to go back and get it. We asked if they could start the order and we'd pay it when we came back. They flatly refused and said we needed to pay first and only then they would start working on the order. So we went, came back and paid... and then we waited... and waited... and waited forever for our order to be brought to us! The staff never offered us anything while we waited, not even a glass of water, and though they said we could sit on any available chair at the bar or at the tables, they kept moving us around to make room for other customers (like if we weren't customers too), until a pair of other customers saw this and offered us the use of the two unused chairs at their table. And we kept waiting... and waiting... and waiting! We waited for over 1 hour for our order, and when they finally gave it to us all they said was "Sorry for your wait"! That's completely unacceptable! They should've at least offered us an extra sushi roll, some egg rolls, or something for free for keeping us waiting so long, or at least a free meal voucher or something! But nothing! Not even a simple glass of water and no acknowledgement! I voiced my complaint rather loudly (but not crassly) only to be met with a "So sorry, but there's nothing we can do about it"! That is utterly ridiculous!!! I can tell you that they have lost us as customers! There are many other sushi places in town and we're not taking our business somewhere where paying customers are treated so poorly! Shame on them!!! Do not go to this place!!! They need to learn some basic customer service, and figure out how to turn out their orders more quickly! A wait of over an hour is completely unacceptable! You don't even wait that long for a sit-down meal ever, even at the best restaurants! PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

3  Thank Nathaniel C
Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

A coworker brought me in leftovers from a sushi bar months ago and I wanted to give it a go myself. I saw this location had the best ratings in my area, and when I arrived the lot was full, so I thought I'd give it a go! I went with AYCE but only got the Vegas roll and Shrimp Tempura roll, which was very sufficient. The place is very busy which was a plus for me, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I got a "cheater" gadget to assist me in using the chopsticks. I plan on revisiting soon and trying other items on the menu.