All reviews nice indoor pool front desk full kitchen next morning room suite housekeeping staff hotel stay restaurants within walking distance gas station road trip complimentary breakfast costco dishwasher gm
Reviewed 3 August 2018

My son and I traveled to the Inland Empire for a swim meet and stayed at this Residence Inn in San Bernardino for what turned out to be the worst hotel stay of my life. I travel frequently for work (attorney) and typically stay at Marriott-owned properties and this is the worst of the lot. On our way to our room after checking-in we encountered a guy in the second floor hallway, walking a dog, smoking a cigarette and talking on his cell phone about how is P.O. [parole officer] says he's the smartest one in his parenting class. As we continued to our room, the smell of marijuana was evident - apparently from people smoking in their rooms. Not illegal, but certainly unusual for a Marriott considering its no smoking policy.

We were pleased with our room - a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen - but the bathrooms were quite dated. Also, the people in the room above us were constantly running or jumping or wrestling at night, with the bumping and thumping so loud it made it difficult to have a conversation or sleep. It went on for hours and hours and hours.

The parking lot was constantly occupied with people smoking near the side entrance; there were often groups of people gathered in various parts of the parking lot in the back, talking loudly at all hours of the night; I saw cars randomly driving through the parking lot on multiple occasions, stopping for while, then driving to another spot to park, windows rolled-up and no one ever entering or exiting the vehicles. There were hoodlums, with no shirts on, walking through the parking lot as I went to my car one night - which prompted me to turn around and go back to my room. I did not see a security guard the entire 4 days we stayed at the hotel.

Las but not least, my son's Nintendo Switch and a game cartridge were STOLEN from the room. There was no evidence of forced entry, so we assume it was a member of staff who did it while we were out of the room. When I called Jalen at the front desk to report what occurred, he responded with: "I don’t know anything about things being stolen from rooms" or something similar. I asked to speak to the manager (Jasmin Smith) and was told I would not be given Jasmin’s number (she was off property at the time) but that she would be on site after 11:00 pm and that if I wanted to talk to her I could go to the front desk at that time to speak with her. She never called me to discuss the issue. I ended up calling the police; sucks to have the police in your hotel room at 11:30 pm regarding theft from your own hotel room, but that's what happened. A report has been filed and I filed a report with Marriott corporate. And, after all that, Marriott didn't hesitate to charge me over $1,000 for my 4-day stay. So classy. Small claims, here I come.

This is my first review of a hotel EVER - and I've been traveling for over 20 years.
Do not under ANY circumstances stay at this hotel. I don't care how many points you think you'll earn or how cheap it will be if you use your points, DO NOT stay here. If you are a single woman or traveling with family or children, for your own safety I strongly recommend you look elsewhere; frankly, I believe it would be irresponsible for a single woman or for a family to stay at this property and it would be irresponsible of me not to warn people about the hazards of staying here.

I would not stay here again on a dare.

Room Tip: Sleep in Your Car in the In and Out Parking Lot - don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank areallawyer
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

As a frequent business traveler, it was good to find a quiet hotel with convenient access to nearby restaurants and the Interstate. Mon - Wed nites there is a “mixer” with complementary small bites and beer/wine. AM decent breakfast buffet. Small but adequate fitness center and pool. Drawback is presence of pets (sometimes noisy).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed at this hotel for business in the area. Fairly quiet location with the exception of the rooms that back up to the Costco. The Costco gas station had long lines of vehicles each day and night. There are a lot of dining options in the area. The hotel is comfortable and service was welcoming. The rooms are well appointed and clean. There is plenty of parking for visitors that have vehicles.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here (with our large dog) for 3 weeks while I was working, and we were blown away by the customer service. We had a 1 bedroom suite, and it was absolutely stunning. I loved the blue and white scheme of the room. The living room had a large sectional sofa and a spacious desk. The kitchen had a cooktop (no oven) and a full size fridge. Maria, our housekeeper, went above and beyond to ensure our room was spotless and even befriended our dog. Jasmine at the front desk has such a sweet personality and even lended us the hotel’s sams club card. Monday-Wednesday the hotel offers a light dinner and 2 drinks at no charge. Multiple restaurants and stores are within walking distance. I never thought a hotel could feel like home until we stayed here!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 24 February 2018

We needed just 1 night for a quick hotel stay outside of Los Angeles - and we found the perfect spot. Easy on/off of I-10. Super comfortable and updated hotel and friendly staff. We made time the next morning to enjoy the complimentary breakfast before continuing on our drive to Palm Springs. Couldn't have asked for more....other than a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple