“Lunch”
Review of Lotus Garden

Lotus Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
Lotus Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 369 Restaurants in San Bernardino
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2016

We decided to g back there again, the fourth time. We got there right after opening and the waitress could not have been any better. Excellent service is the understatement. She almost fell over backwards to please us. We had the lunch special which included soup, salad, egg roll, any rice you wanted. I had the Chicken Kong Pao which is normally spicy and requested it NOT spicy. The chicken was very tender ($11.95). My husband had the sweet & sour pork ($9.95) which was terrible and sent it back. The waitress apologized profusely. So he ordered the same chicken dish, but with the regular spices. She same back and told us she talked to the chef and he - from what she said - threw out all the pork in the kitchen. We could hardly believe our ears. She kept coming back to reheat my Sake. Well, she did get a handsome tip. We had taken some friends there earlier and my friend did't like Chinese food. She was convinced and she and her husband, who likes Asian food, went back there a couple of times. We'll be back. The decor is also very pleasant.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

It was 5 pm, only 3 people were eating . None of us had been here in a couple of years due to different circumstances . The menu has changed slightly with no A,B,C dinners any longer.

We ordered 5 entrees for our group to share . They suggested an appetizer while we waited. We declined and munched on noodles that were served with sweet and sour sauce or spicy mustard. We ordered steamed rice rather than go for another rice entree.

The gravy for the egg foo young was thick and tasteless. The other sauces were a little thick but had good taste.

In the 1.5 hrs that we were there about 12 additional diners joined us. We saw a few take out dinners in addition. With business as poor as this, it's a wonder that they stay open.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 6 May 2016

My family and I have been dining at The Lotus Garden for 35 years. Was amazing until now!! Under new ownership and the food stinks!! I ordered what used to be my favorite, Orange Chicken. Even the server asked me if I had had it lately. She told me the recipe changed. I tried it and it was DISGUSTING!!!! The Crab Rangoon was one of my favorites. Now horrible and again the server warned me. This makes me sad. I feel like a chapter in my life has been shut. My parents practically raised me going to that restaurant and I raised my children going to that restaurant. Goodbye Lotus Garden, will never see you again!!! Blah!!!!!!!

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We have been here many times but things have changed here. They used to have table cloths, now just bare tables. They used to have specialty dinners but now everything is a la carte. The service was terrible there were only two other couples in the restaurant but it was 10 minutes before anyone came to our table, then the service the rest of the night was very slow. We had to ask for refills on water and tea, never was that an issue in the past. Service was always great, in the past visits. I ordered Kung Pao Chicken, but it was very bland not at all like the spiciness Kung Pao should be. My wife's Sweet and Sour Chicken was like it used to be so not all was lost. This used to be one of our favorite places but after this visit I don't think we will be back as often as in the past.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Only tried this place recently. Been there three times now and really enjoy their curried chicken dish.

Date of visit: March 2016