“Run away don't stay here!!!”

Rodeway Inn San Bernardino
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived at hills garden ( they are changing the name so be careful ) weather was 99 degrees we arrived to the hotel no a/c in the lobby no water to cool you down. Ice machine not working the room was filthy the bathroom smelled like mold. We purchased the hotel with continental breakfast, they don't offer that just to let you know. Things are falling apart here. Go to motel 6 I'm sure it will be much cleaner.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn San Bernardino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Jessica f,

Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We take all reports of lacking service and your suggestions for improvement, particularly those that you have raised. We greatly appreciate your time in bringing a number of important matters to light and we hope that you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next stay with us. Kind regards.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hills garden in San Bernardino, and I can honestly say it's not worth the money. The rooms TV channels are horrendous. And the breakfast is a joke!!!! The rooms are fairly big, and the bed is comfortable. The staff is very nice in a no nonsense way, but they are still pleasant. The housekeepers there are professional and the view is amazing. I haven't stayed in a suite yet, but I do want to. If their breakfast wasn't so crappy for such a nice hotel it would be alot better.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria R

Dear Maria R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast options, and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering the available choices. Reviews like yours are extremely helpful in our ambition to continuously improve upon the guest experience and I hope you'll return to see how we grow and evolve.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a night and the hotel was pretty cool. The breakfast can be improved a little. The lady at the check out area kept me company and was nice when my friend left and i was waiting for my uber. They had internet. Nice mountain view. Private balcony. Close to walmart if you need anything. Room was clean. I would visit again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Dyneequa L,

Thank you for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

So one of the house keepers my the name of sweetie was helpful and made sure my stay went great and made he feel at home all my questions or anything they helped with so I didn't have to wait long or feel like I was a bother

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Dear M R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and to acknowledge the efforts of our hardworking staff to be as accommodating, helpful and welcoming as possible. It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities.On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Now there are homeless encampments outside the hotel on the street in front, leading to the hotel. A couple of years ago there were just a few people living on the streets, now there are many! Have tarp roofs, etc. The intersection daily has homeless people rotating through.

We used to stay here when we were snowed out or evacuated. We will now be staying in the safer area of town: Hospitality Lane.

Room Tip: Must ask for a mountain view, otherwise you'll hear the trains and see empty bottles on the hill...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear KWoodson,

Thank you for this review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty and we are deeply saddened to hear that you are seeking out other hotels due to the homeless people. I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. You can absolutely rest assured that your voice is important to us and that our staff and management are truly sincere in our promise to improve upon the security measures taken to ensure the safety of our guest.