“Eat here...? ”

Add it.
Golden Corral
Ranked #60 of 356 Restaurants in San Bernardino
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

There used to be always a line outside the doors and people couldn't wait to get in. And now it seems like people come in like the seasons. Others say it kind of got a little bit downgraded because it doesn't feel like so clean anymore. It feels just like any other restaurant. It used to stand out amongst others around the area. Don't get me wrong, food still tastes okay but some in the menu is great. Labels to each dish is almost all gone. People had to figure out what the dish is or people who has had that specific one will at least know. But for the unfamiliar ones, sorry...don't know...Hope you are not allergic to that specific dish.

Please let it be just like how it all started...

1  Thank rayb43

Reviewed 16 July 2017

A regular smorsgasboard - this place is packed all the time, especially on weekends with a long line out the door. It is pretty dirty inside for a brand new restaurant. Better get their act together or they will lose customers.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Thought by the crowd they would be better. I hadn't been to a GC for a while, I used to like their roast chicken. If all of them make it now flavored with vile smoke flavor, that ship has sailed. Nasty smoke flavor ruined what would otherwise be nice tender chicken, I washed my hands with soap, but they still smell like it, I keep tasting it. I think it's coming out of my pores. I kept hoping they would refill the pot roast,but when they finally did they just added more carrots- chintzy. Floors are filthy should call it Golden Trough!

1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

We have been to many Golden Corrals through out the United States and we were not impressed with this one. The food was generally the same but there were so, so many diners there. Way to many wandering around for a buffet and the children were being permitted to run (literally) around at free will. Seriously, if the parents are not smart enough then the management should do something in defense of the enjoyment of his patrons who are trying to enjoy their meal. My husband being handicapped was not able to select his own meal for fear of being knocked down and no...we are not feeble, elderly people. Honestly the adults were as bad as the children and no one attempted to control the chaos.
I have been to Golden Corrals that have limited the amount of people allowed in at one time, apparently the management does not know how to do this or is just more concerned with collecting your money and then letting you fend for yourself, And again I mean literally as there was very little visible waitstaff.

I will add that this is a new location and maybe they are working the out bugs but when I spoke with the 'manager' he simply said sorry and walked away.

1  Thank EmileeReed
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We had visited Golden Corral numerous times in the past when traveling, mostly in New Mexico and Texas. For years there was not one in California. A few years back we noticed that they were finally entering California and recently they built a new one at the base of our Mountain, about a 30 minute drive from where we live.

We were on our way to a different restaurant when we drove past golden Corral. Our daughter excitedly asked if we could go to Golden Corral instead. Since the restaurant did not look as crowded as the past few times we drove by we decided tonight was the night to give it a try. Very glad we did.

The line to get in was out the door and it took just about 20-30 minutes to pay and get seated. Given how long the line was they moved pretty fast.

For about $17 (not certain of the child price) including a drink an adult can have one of the best buffets around. They are definitely the best chain buffet that I know of. For dinner they serve a wide variety of dishes including cooked to order sirloin steak, baked and fried chicken, popcorn shrimp and so many other dishes it would be impossible to list everything here.

My favorites are their yeast rolls made continuously on-site which are always hot, soft and ooh so delicious. Next they offer a very comprehensive make your own salad bar, along with a variety of prepared salad offerings. The fried chicken is amazing, moist, tender and delicious. Next on my favorite list is a rare sirloin steak (1/2 of one) with their sauteed mushrooms on top. Oh, and the Bourbon Street Chicken is also a must try. Finally they have a wide variety of deserts, including hand scooped ice cream and a chocolate fountain to make chocolate marshmallows, strawberries, etc.

If you have never been to a Golden Corral, you should not wait another day before giving one a try and the San Bernardino location is a good one. I would suggest that you go on a weekday as we were informed that the weekend lines were 30 - 40 deep just to get the cooked to order steak and the fried chicken.

The service was ok. The wait staff was working very hard but with the crowds they were swamped and at times to get refills on drinks or dishes cleared it too a bit too long.

1  Thank ZProf