See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Terrible! Super thin walls! Ugly rooms. Drive on and do not stop here! Low class hotel. We were so happy to leave and decided we will never ever stay at any Motel 6 properties - it's just terrible.
Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere better.

Reception girl looked annoyed but still was very friendly to us - poor girl to have to work in such a place.

Room Tip: Drive on - don't stop!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Salinas North - Monterey Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to any inconveniences you experienced which led to a low overall score. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My sister and I stayed here over the weekend. Not a pleasant experience. I give it 3 stars because the room was clean and they have a pool. Plus it's close to the freeway. However, starting right from check in, the girl at the front desk seemed uninterested. She barely acknowledged me when I walked in, even though I was the only person. I asked if they honor AARP discount, she said no, they stopped that program, okay. Next she asked if I wanted wifi service, I said yes. She said, do you want premium? ($2.99 super basic, or $4.99 premium). I went with the premium. Ok, now it's time to get in my room. I walk up to the door and the card key works, but the door won't open. I tried 2-3-4 times, could not get that sucker open. I see a maid walking by, I asked her to help me. Zip, she puts the card key in and pushes the door open. Now I'm feeling stupid and weak. My sister came in with our bags and tried the door. She also couldn't get it open. We see the maid again and tell her the problem. Zip, she has no problem. My sister watched her do it. Turns out you have to crank the handle super hard and kick the door as you open it. Not easy at all. Next, I go to connect my Surface to the network. I don't see any login password on my paperwork. I call the front desk. She says, oh, you have to pay extra for that. I said, I just did, I was just there. She says oh well, you'll have to come back to the office to get the password. So my sister goes back to get the password. It worked for all of an hour. We went out for dinner and when I came back to go back online, I have no internet connection. For the rest of the night it didn't work. When I called the front desk again, she says you need to pay extra. Grrrr! I was so angry, I just slammed down the phone and gave up. I will never EVER stay at this location again! There are 5 other places nearby and others near the freeway. I will do my homework and really shop around the next time I travel here.

Room Tip: stay away from the pool and stairs, very noisy
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank compcrzy
Reviewed 31 December 2016

the room itself was regular motel 6 standards..
the elevator (we we're on the second floor) was unpleasant..
and the area felt like it was not safe.
And on top of all this, it was not cheap!
if it wasn't late we would keep searching for another hotel..
Not going back there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2016

I was in the area on business for about 3 weeks. Because of our type of business, we sometimes must come into an area without notice, so we had no opportunity make advance plans. The weekend we arrived, all hotels in the Monterey area were book due to multiple large events in the area so we landed at this motel 6. The service and friendliness was very good, but after that, this is simply a very bad choice for a hotel. All the rooms smell of smoke (even the non-smoking rooms), general cleanliness poor. Razor lines and scratches in the counter and dressers tops, which explains the very seedy people in the parking lot and in the area. If your traveling and need to stop and stay in Salinas, do your best to find another place. We only had to stay there a couple of night before finding another hotel – thankfully.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We checked in around 10pm. Check in took about 10 minutes even we had made reservations a week ago. There is a charge for wifi, I don't know why. Went to our room and it was ok. The toilet hasn't been scrubbed for a while, black marks around the bowl, the bed skirts were stained. The room was brightly lit, I went to turn off the light and almost got shocked. There was black electric tape around one of the light switches. There was a scummy in a bike that went in one of the room, looked like a drug dealer. Hookers coming in and out and looks like a lot of residents in the hotel. We went to dinner and came back at 1am, right after we came in the front desk called and said that we were making noise and had to leave, puzzled we start gathering our stuff, within 10 minutes we heard a loud banging noise on our door. I opened the door and found Salinas Police department, they asked if we were asked to leave and why we took a few minutes to open the door, as I explained to the offer I did not know who was at the door, given the hookers and drug dealers who frequent this hotel I did not feel safe to open the door. The officer cuffed me and then proceed to cuff 2 of my friends while other officers searched my room. Not finding anything and very perplexed he asked me if I had any drugs or weapons on me, I told him no, we are regular guests at the hotel not drug dealers. The officers asked us to leave. We gathered our stuff and left. I am looking forward to a mangers response. If you have a family and you don't want to get arrested stay somewhere else. I am a business Profesional in my mid 30's, by far this is the worst experience I have ever had. I have never been arrested or have a record. Shame on the management of this hotel who allow hookers, drug dealers and scummies to stay but kick out regular guests.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends