All reviews black bear diner continental breakfast parking lot black beans luxury hotel room was clean small fridge would stay here again outdoor pool per night monterey bay san francisco bagels a great place to stay big sur coffee maker salinas area
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We were there for a race at Laguna Seca which is a 30 to 40 minutes drive west. I really don't have much of a requirement on where I stay with my friends. Main requirement is a clean room, clean bathroom, hot shower, and a comfortable bed. All of my requirements were met. There was a small but noisy refrigerator. Television was great. The room was large. The hotel is on the older side. WiFi was ok to kinda slow. Heat and air was kinda spotty but functional. Didn't use the pool. The complementary continental breakfast was decent. Black Bear Diner has moved a few miles up the road. Location in right off the freeway. Lots of places to eat within a few miles of the hotel. Be careful making left turns out if the location. It can be tough. By the way the staff was great.

Room Tip: Would suggest room away from the pool, second floor facing the front. Back rooms seem to be spotty.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff at the desk were friendly and helpful. Loved the cookies when we checked in. Neighbors were a bit noisy the first night, better the 2nd night. Breakfast was decent: cereal, fruit, yogurt, danish/muffin, sausage and eggs. Good location and value! Would stay here again!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This was possibly the worst hotel my family has ever stayed at. Absolutely zero hot water! Wasn't as cold as tap water but we showered by getting wet, turning the water off to apply soap and then rinsing off. It was really cold both in the evening and in the morning. Shockingly when we mentioned it upon checkout they didnt know and had never heard that? Seriously? The water was REALLY cold. Unreal. So much mold on the ceiling of the bathroom it was totally disgusting. When we closed the drapes for the night, I don't even want to imagine what some of those huge dark stains were. In regards to breakfast. Breakfast room is definitely not large enough to accommodate. They had sausages but no eggs. Toaster waffles and French toast but no syrup. I cannot believe we spent that much money on that bad of a motel. Do not stay here. There has to be a better choice.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I booked this hotel via booking.com for $200 per night (after taxes). I believe the price was high due to it being July high season for Monterey Bay. It's a long 30 minute drive to Monterey Bay. It's not close enough to Monterey Bay to justify $200 per night. The bed/room was clean, the bathroom was clean, but the shower was not (bathmat was dirty). They put us in room 259 which is around the back of the hotel, you actually have to drive outside to get to these rooms. When we drove up, there were people selling goods out of their car and homeless people digging through the trash, and groups of people just hanging outside their rooms talking for hours. I did not feel safe. Further, booking.com's website kept stating that they were sold out. However, when we arrived, we saw that there were vacancies and their vacancy signs were lit up.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Room and hotel are clean. It's convenient to have the Black Bear restaurant on the grounds. There is a shopping center very close. Unfortunately there is a lot of noise throughout the day and night due to the very busy street it is on. The air conditioning system is very old and not terribly efficient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family