See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2014

Ok, this is not the best hotel I´ve ever been. But it´s clean, quiet and the room is ok. The best part is that the price is just $65, the cheapest you can find in the area last minute. I went there with my boyfriend. We didn´t make a reservation anywhere and it was around 9 pm.
Kevin is the person on charge. He seems a little peculiar at the begining, but then you realize that he is nice, helpful and welcoming. We had two big pieces of lugagge and he took mine to the room in the 3rd floor! (No, there don´t have elevators).
The room was clean, the bathroom (shared) was also clean and Kevin made sure that we had a room very close to the bathroom. Everything was fine, enough for just one night.
I would recommend this hotel to somebody whose budget is not very big and wants a simple, clean place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Not Parking lot, once we step inside the hotel it smell bad, the rooms where confusing and once we found our room it was open so that was just annoying. My fiancé and I had a hard time looking our room door. Bathroom clean, carpet dirty, bed sheets where old tv didn't even work. In the closet we found a bottle of liquor with used cups. At night the people infront on our rooms where partying all night long they even tried opening our doors. Very unsafe I do not recommend it at all. Very scary I will not stay in this hotel again. I rather sleep in my car!!!

• Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Lupitarumbo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I ended up at this hotel when we foolishly did not book ahead in Monterey on a Saturday night. The windows were broken--the ones in our room, the ones on the fire escape. We had to share a bathroom. The bathrooms were not clean. The room was barely clean, and a roll of toilet paper came with it b/c there wasn't one in the bathroom. There were people standing in the fire escape smoking and cat calling, and a calendar on the wall in our room with obscene graffiti on it. The TV didn't work. The owner assured us that there were no prostitutes or drug dealers, but I'm not convinced. There was no other choice anywhere around, and several other groups of tourists were stuck there with us. We slept fast, and left. Avoid this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Edna M
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The accommodations were perfect because the next day I participated in the Sea Otter Classic.
The room was clean and cozy. My room did not have a bathroom so I had to use the one down the hall. The only thing that it needed was toilet paper which I had in my room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mauro1990
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a good and inexpensive place to stay when the Monterey hotel prices are too high. Don't expect the most modern facility because the hotel is in a classiic old downtown building. It definitely has character and a downtown flavor (even charm if you're intrigued by old-style buildings). We had inadvertently booked a room with a shared bath (overlooked this on the webpage), but Kevin kindly offered us a room with private bath for a modest fee. Room was small, but to be expected in a city building. Bed was older, but comfortable, and we slept well. Fridge in the room was nice feature that we used... especially for goods from the Sat Farmers market on the same street as the hotel! Overall, the hotel was a basic and adequate accommodation that met our needs for a place to stay between days in Monterey. And the front office staff (Kevin) was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: On upper floors, rooms directly above the front office will get better wireless signal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple