“Best Sandwich Around”

W F Giugni & Son Grocery Co
Ranked #18 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place rocks! It's worth the half hour wait. Cash only. The vegetables are fresh and delicious. Get there early they run out of certain breads/rolls. Dutch Crunch Roll is the best! All and all they have good prices and super friendly staff! Love these sandwiches and sauces!! A must if your passing through!!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this sandwich shop while looking for a light quick lunch before a tasting. Giugni (pronounced Juu-nee) definitely hit the spot. There is a large selection of meats, cheeses and veggies. Lots of vegetarian options and I noticed that they had gluten-free bread.

You must add-on the sprouts and "giugni juice" which is a blend of oil, balsamic vinegar and herbs/spices. Small or large containers of it are available for purchase.

The market also has lots of beverages and snacks.

If you need a break from the rich/fancy meals, go to Giugni's for a super yummy and healthy sandwich.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

What a old fashioned jewel with great meats, fresh breads, and fantastic service firm folks that genuinely care. Been here for a long time and I hope the same holds true for many more years.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

1. Always get giugni juice on your sandwich (or you can get it on the side if you're eating later).
2. Get there early - definitely a lunch rush!
3. Great for a picnic to have in the park down the street, at a local winery, or just to take home and enjoy.

I am lucky to know locals in the area and they took me here on my first visit to St. Helena. We got sandwiches that we took to a local winery for a picnic. Now it is a must-go whenever we are home visiting everyone. You get to choose your bread (roll, sliced bread, croissant), your deli meat (any kind you can imagine and great quality), your cheese, and then I like to get all the fixins - lettuce, tomato, sprouts, onion, horseradish, and GIUGNI juice!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a deli sandwich that would be quick and good and we found it. Parked right in front of the store and were eating our sandwich in 10 minutes. Seating is available in the front and back. Try their pastrami - really good.