“Nice grounds to walk around, ate here for lunch. Service and food good”

Long Meadow Ranch Winery
Ranked #28 of 134 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Long Meadow Ranch Winery we produce and purvey our wines from two locations in the Napa Valley: our 650-acre home ranch, which we call the Mayacamas Estate, and our 90-acre Rutherford Estate in the heart of the Rutherford AVA, which includes vineyards and production vegetable gardens. Our 650-acre historic Mayacamas Estate is nestled high atop the Mayacamas Mountains above the Napa Valley. Here we produce award-winning red wines and handcrafted extra virgin olive oils - as well as grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables. Our family - Ted, Laddie, and Christopher Hall - has re-established 16 acres of vineyards first planted on the Mayacamas Estate in the 1870s and we have resumed producing estate-bottled red wine from this distinctive mountain "terroir." In plain sight from the Mayacamas Estate high above, the 90-acre Rutherford Estate is located on the floor of the Napa Valley in the heart of the world famous Rutherford AVA. It is situated among some of Rutherford's most celebrated historic vineyards. We grow extraordinary Sauvingon Blanc, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes in 74 acres of vineyard.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ate here Easter Sunday with reservations. Burgers were good, service good, atmosphere okay. Convenient location, we walked to lunch from Wydown hotel.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"private room"
"tasting room"
in 10 reviews
"staff is friendly and knowledgeable"
"great ambience"
in 24 reviews
"lmr"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 22 March 2018

FYI am a winery member (and have already contacted them). I love the wine tasting room on the Route 29, the staff there is always great. This time decided to splurge (and my splurge I mean finally use my member benefits), for a Ranch visit. I guess it seemed it would be a more private tour, but it was actually a fairly large group. After a day of private and semi-private tours, it just didn't seem as personal as the other wineries. Still the wine is great for it's price in Napa.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The food is spectacular! They hold special events too. The dining experience was casual, however, the food was 5 stars fancy! Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful organic garden!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We came here on our 10th anniversary and splurged on the 5 course Chef's table lunch. I was already pretty excited, but it totally blew me away. Possibly the highlight of my life. Every dish was stunning, delicious, and unique. Our host was friendly and informative, and I loved hearing from the chef himself how he made each course. I am so glad we were able to do this! Best anniversary meal ever :)