“Wouldn't say anywhere else!!”

Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have stayed there quite a few times, always a wonderful experience beginning when you drive up the driveway, walk into the office, see your room or cottage for the first time, you feel special!! The happy hour and food that is served is superior and makes you feel right at home. The views are gorgeous, the beds top of the line and sooo comfy, the showers/bathrooms in the cottages are awesome!! Very romantic from the first minute. HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Wine Country Inn!

Room Tip: Any of the cottages make you feel like you have left the country!! Royalty is how I feel when I am...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wine Country Inn & Cottages

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Just finished a great stay at Wine Country Inn. I can not say enough good things about the service, staff and accomodations there. As soon as my wife and I arrived, we were shown to our room, then treated to a wonderful wine service hour. The Inn has a shuttle service to local restaurants and wine tours, which we took full advantage of. The pool and spa was sublime. We can not wait to get back to St. Helena and Wine Country Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at the Wine Country Inn for business and stayed a little longer for pleasure as well. This inn could not have made my stay any better! The staff are so helpful and friendly! As others have mentioned in their reviews, I was also upgraded for free upon arrival of my stay. I stayed in 3 different rooms during my 5 nights. I was told that they could upgrade me for the first couple of nights but then I would need to move to my originally booked room-the upgrade was for my in-room massage and I was very excited for the upgrade. After the first couple of nights, I stayed in my original room and then was upgraded again, at my request. I made it known that I had packed light and would love to experience other rooms, so I didn't mind moving around and they happily accommodated. As a bonus for changing rooms, I just gathered my things like toiletries and clothes into a few piles and they moved everything for me!

The first room, #26 was amazing! It had a fireplace, patio/balcony overlooking the vineyards (which are not anything more than tree trunks in March, but it was still lovely). My favorite thing about this room was that I had my own personal hot tub tucked away on my patio!! This was so nice to come home and relax in while looking up at the stars and over vineyards, just fantastic! This room also had a nice sized bathtub and vanity area, a love seat and reading chair area. Quite a comfortable room that made you not want to leave.
My second room was #16, which is their most inexpensive room. There was no fireplace or balcony in this room and really no view either, but the room was clean and comfortable. I would only suggest a decor upgrade on this room.
My last room, #11, was very nice indeed. This had a fireplace, window bench and small balcony with a great view. This room also had a nice big dressing area as well. Very comfortable and I would definitely stay in it again.
As for the property, it was beautiful! Gardens and nice walkways, benches, tables for socializing and a great pool and hot tub adorn the grounds. It was quite chilly on my trip, at least for California, and was around 50 degrees or so at night. I went to the hot tub to warm up and found that the pool was heated as well so went for a swim. The pool hours last until 11pm, which I found to be nice, since most close at 10. The robes in your room are fantastic for visiting the pool or for after shower-I loved them so much that I purchased one while I was there!
There is also a free (tips encouraged) dinner shuttle available. This is a great service so that you can enjoy the wonderful wines of Napa Valley while out to dinner.
The morning breakfasts are wonderful! They have a chef on staff to prepare wonderful dishes and he does a fantastic job! A delicious egg dish, make your own waffles, scones, deli meat and cheese, granola and cereal, and the amazing fresh fruit are all included in breakfast. The afternoon social has wonderful snacks-you must try the onion and garlic dip! The afternoon social also has a different winery come out each day for a wine tasting. The place is wonderful for meeting people, which was nice since I was traveling solo for a conference. I wish my husband could have joined me, as it is a place full of romance! I intend to visit Napa Valley again, and would love to stay at the Wine Country Inn!

Room Tip: #26, #11 all rooms can be viewed on the inn's website, each room is different
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Location is ideal. We really enjoyed our stay. We had a lovely view of vineyards from our room and it was in a quiet location. Room was nicely decorated and bed was very comfortable. All Inn personnel were pleasant and helful. They will make winery and dinner reservations for you. We particularly enjoyed the wine tasting with appetizers each evening. It gave you the opportunity to talk with the quests and with the wine makers. Two evenings the tastings were of wines from small boutique wineries which either do not have their own tasting room or ones you wouldn't visit normally while in Napa. Excellent wines. Breakfast each day was varied, plentiful and very good. We had a basic room (no fireplace, sauna, etc.), but the room served our needs as we did not spend much time in the room. No television in any of the rooms. They want a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: My understanding is that the rooms are not cookie cutter rooms and each has different amenities. If...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 28 March 2012

You can't go wrong staying here! The Inn offers a beautiful and convenient location to many nearby wineries, a fresh and delicious breakfast and wine with appetizers (they even share the recipes!), clean comfortable and nicely appointed rooms, friendly personable staff, and complimentary transportation service to local restaurants. To top it off, we even had a visit by Bob, the resident cat! We would definitely stay here again - it was fabulous.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
25.3 km away
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to Wine Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!