I stayed at the Wine Country Inn for business and stayed a little longer for pleasure as well. This inn could not have made my stay any better! The staff are so helpful and friendly! As others have mentioned in their reviews, I was also upgraded for free upon arrival of my stay. I stayed in 3 different rooms during my 5 nights. I was told that they could upgrade me for the first couple of nights but then I would need to move to my originally booked room-the upgrade was for my in-room massage and I was very excited for the upgrade. After the first couple of nights, I stayed in my original room and then was upgraded again, at my request. I made it known that I had packed light and would love to experience other rooms, so I didn't mind moving around and they happily accommodated. As a bonus for changing rooms, I just gathered my things like toiletries and clothes into a few piles and they moved everything for me!
The first room, #26 was amazing! It had a fireplace, patio/balcony overlooking the vineyards (which are not anything more than tree trunks in March, but it was still lovely). My favorite thing about this room was that I had my own personal hot tub tucked away on my patio!! This was so nice to come home and relax in while looking up at the stars and over vineyards, just fantastic! This room also had a nice sized bathtub and vanity area, a love seat and reading chair area. Quite a comfortable room that made you not want to leave.
My second room was #16, which is their most inexpensive room. There was no fireplace or balcony in this room and really no view either, but the room was clean and comfortable. I would only suggest a decor upgrade on this room.
My last room, #11, was very nice indeed. This had a fireplace, window bench and small balcony with a great view. This room also had a nice big dressing area as well. Very comfortable and I would definitely stay in it again.
As for the property, it was beautiful! Gardens and nice walkways, benches, tables for socializing and a great pool and hot tub adorn the grounds. It was quite chilly on my trip, at least for California, and was around 50 degrees or so at night. I went to the hot tub to warm up and found that the pool was heated as well so went for a swim. The pool hours last until 11pm, which I found to be nice, since most close at 10. The robes in your room are fantastic for visiting the pool or for after shower-I loved them so much that I purchased one while I was there!
There is also a free (tips encouraged) dinner shuttle available. This is a great service so that you can enjoy the wonderful wines of Napa Valley while out to dinner.
The morning breakfasts are wonderful! They have a chef on staff to prepare wonderful dishes and he does a fantastic job! A delicious egg dish, make your own waffles, scones, deli meat and cheese, granola and cereal, and the amazing fresh fruit are all included in breakfast. The afternoon social has wonderful snacks-you must try the onion and garlic dip! The afternoon social also has a different winery come out each day for a wine tasting. The place is wonderful for meeting people, which was nice since I was traveling solo for a conference. I wish my husband could have joined me, as it is a place full of romance! I intend to visit Napa Valley again, and would love to stay at the Wine Country Inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in romance at the Wine Country Inn, an exquisite wine country retreat. Enjoy country estate-style accommodations tucked into five acres of gorgeously landscaped tranquil gardens, within minutes of Napa Valley's best Wineries. 29 warm, spacious guest rooms, most with terraces. Luxurious king and queen sized beds with finely woven linens, plush duvets and comfy pillows. A delicious, bountiful wine country breakfast served in the cozy charm of our Winery House dining room or al fresco overlooking the vineyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Agoda and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Wine Country Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wine Country Hotel St. Helena
- Country Inn St. Helena
- St. Helena Country Inn
- Wine Country Inn & Cottages St. Helena, Napa Valley, CA