Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Southbridge Napa Valley(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
USD 416*
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
USD 466*
USD 410*
Hotwire.com
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)
USD 308*
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
USD 223*
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
USD 628*
Hotels.com
USD 771*
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
USD 227*
Rancho Caymus Inn(Rutherford)
USD 450*
Official Site
1,088 results
All reviewswine countrynapa valleyegg casserolegranolahappy hourmain buildingprivate patiopool and hot tubamazing breakfastevery eveningevery morningcan't wait to go backoff the beaten pathfresh fruitbed and breakfastthe location is perfectromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at the Wine Country Inn. We got a really good rate via sniqueaway.com. We had just come in from Hotel Drisco in the city, where we were undeniably spoiled, and so my initial impression of the inn was ok. It seemed a bit run down, and I knew because of our special rate, we were going to be placed in a room that had not yet been renovated. Upon entering the room, I saw the carpet, and the old school bathroom (Stand up shower) and I almost went back downstairs to ask for an upgrade, as their cottages and other renovated rooms, have beautiful hard wood floors, and are much more to my liking decor wise - I have never been a fan of carpets in hotels, especially not B&B's. My husband pointed out that we were not going to be spending much time in our room and to just give it a shot. I agreed and we walked down stairs to join the happy hour the hotel offers their guests at no charge. Once I got a glass of wine, and sat down and started talking to the staff, it was all good from there. It's a family owned business, and you can feel the sense of community they are trying to create with their guests through these happy hours and free communal breakfasts in the morning. The beds were really comfortable, the rooms clean enough, but what I enjoyed most was the service. Janelle was our DD for two nights, and gave us awesome food recommendations. Of course, my favorite little surprise of the trip, Bob!! I fell in love with him and if you were/are lucky enough to hang out with him, he is a very very special part of The Wine Country Inn. I would definitely stay in this B&B again, however, in a renovated room. In an area that has a lot of "commercial" feeling resorts and hotels, the Wine Country Inn offers you an authentic wine country experience.

Room Tip: Ask to be in a renovated room when you book.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tleecouch
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband found the Wine Country Inn online, and we loved our three days there. The hotel has lovely rooms, a generous breakfast and a beautiful pool, where I spam laps one morning. Local wineries pour wines every afternoon, and the owners put out appetizers to go along. We had lovely pre-dinner conversations with guests and really felt like the staff cared about our experience at the hotel. They even stock headphones in the room if you are bothered by the noise from the adjacent winery!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the Wine Country Inn. All the rooms I have stayed at (3 times) are spacious, comfortable, charming and spotless! The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay so very pleasant, they truly care! The free restaurant shuttle is an added bonus! I will be back soon!

Room Tip: If your budget alloes, go for the cottages!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I rarely, if ever, return to an inn or hotel on the theory that the world is too big not to try something new. This Inn, however, is likely to be an exception for me! We arrived late on a Friday night during a torrential rainstorm. We were greeted by a friendly staffer. Our room, a private bungalow, was huge and equipped with a fireplace. Although it didn't generate a lot of heat, it helped throw off the chill in the room until the heat kicked in.
I awoke the next day and walked out to our private patio overlooking acres of luscious grapevines glowing in the morning sun. I was so happy to see during my morning jog that the WCI is situated in between two fabulous wineries. Duckhorn on one side and Freemark Abbey on the other.
Breakfast was delicious with options from healthy to decadent. Evening wine and appetizers in a cozy living room like setting.
We opted for the package that included in room massage and mud bath. Lisa, the masseuse, really worked me over! One of the best 90 minutes ever!!
The room was clean. Bathroom was huge. Loved the shower with three heads. I wanted to stay curled up on the large window seat forever but I finished my book - and it was time for more of the Valley's finest.
Free shuttle to town is a nice touch too. Very nice and romantic.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The staff at the Wine Country Inn sincerely want your stay to be memorable. They greet you warmly, serve wine and substantial hors d'oeuvres every evening, feed you a bountiful breakfast, and offer helpful suggestions about activities. The public areas are comfortable and invite conversations with other guests. Special events, such as honeymoons and anniversaries, are celebrated with romantic surprises.

Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our king room had a fireplace, small balcony, comfortable reading chairs, and lovely views over the vineyards and hills. A hot tub and pool are a short walk from the main building through terraced gardens. Free WiFi is available.

Our only disappointment was that the promised ride to dinner was canceled because several staff members called in sick.

Room Tip: Specify fireplace, whirlpool tub, or view if any of those is important to you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple