“Convenient”

Governors Inn Hotel
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Convenient location to the freeway and downtown but not a very walkable area with much to do. Rooms are clean and good size. I wish the internet was a little faster. Price is fair. I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 August 2017

When we pulled up to this hotel, I was skeptical. It wasn't a particularly handsome building and looked like an older hotel. The location was good because it was a very short drive to Old Sacramento, but likely not very safe at night. The staff advised that we not walk after dark. That said, everything inside was nice and updated. Our room was very clean. The beds were comfortable and the wifi worked well. The breakfast was a complimentary continental breakfast and didn't seem better or worse to me than any other continental breakfast anywhere else. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We stayed one night and I have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CamReviewer123
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My wife and I found this hotel to be comfortable and clean for a reasonable price. Location wasn't exactly downtown, but very close to the freeway. We got in somewhat late. The check-in was very smooth. Breakfast was only served until 9:00 a.m. When we went down to breakfast it was 9:15 a.m. Admittedly our bad. The person cleaning up was probably not authorized to let us in. I get that. We asked at the front desk if we could just grab a piece of fruit or maybe a packet of hot cereal and a paper bowl or a muffin and eat it in our room. No. We were 15 minutes late. Yes. But their service did not go the extra mile or even the extra centimeter to try to accommodate us. We had to walk to the nearby McDonald's to have breakfast. That indicated to me that they did not really value us as customers. Thus my 3-star rating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

The Inn was right off the freeway allowing me to hop on and off quickly. The room was very clean and so was the lobby, I arrived with my two nieces who immediately wanted to go swim at 9:30pm, the maintenance man Ken was very nice when he closed it down at 10:00pm. In the morning the girls had a lot of fun using the waffle maker, and the maid was standing by to clean any drip or drop that landed on the counter. I will be staying here more often because of the cleanliness and convince.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank brookeunger2010
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The Governors Inn was a good experience for the price. Staff was quite nice and the rooms and building are clean. Location was pretty close to downtown and was only a $5 Uber ride to Golden One Center. I would not recommend walking in the area around the hotel though. There appears to be a homeless camp near by so buyer beware. That said the hotel itself felt safe and secure.

Stayed: June 2017