All reviewsconvention centerwafflesbathroom showerwithin walking distancecomfortable bedroom keyincluded breakfastclean roomscapitol buildinghomeless peoplecerealmotelbedding
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We lucked out in booking this hotel. It was clean and just what we needed. It was walking distance to the capitol and lots of restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was great! The rooms were kind of small for two adults and two kids but we didn't need to spend a lot of time in the room. I would recommend this hotel for our next trip!

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank leilanireiko
Reviewed 6 April 2018

You can’t beat the location if you are visiting the Convention Center or other downtown sights. Just about a two or three block walk to the Convention Center. Also close to many bars and restaurants. The hotel itself could use a major upgrade—painting, updated furniture, for example. Cleanliness could have been better. All in all, the convenience and moderate price for us compensated for the rather “worn” condition of this motel. They offer a free continental breakfast which was pretty good—eggs, sausage, breads, juice, waffles.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I stayed in this place, the only disappointing thing is I don't like a processed breakfast. The sausage, eggs, and bacon tasted like they were thawed and cooked. Otherwise, it is a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I was in need of a hotel very near to the Convention Center (walking distance). It was only for one need so I risked it considering the many negative reviews. Well, the reviews are pretty much spot on. Stay here only for the location to the Conv Center/downtown area.

The front desk person was not unfriendly, but certainly not overly friendly... but that's not a high priority for me. The parking onsite was available but the spots are VERY tight. But at least parking was free.
We were able to check in a little early and got a top floor... but it was facing I street... there is a bar right across the street and it stayed open until 2AM. We heard drunk people yelling until that time. Every car alarm was heard as well. And to make things even sketchier, there was a homeless person sleeping at the bottom of the stairwell. When I tried to notify the front desk, they wouldn't answer from the home phone. When I called from an outside line, someone answered but seemed curious as to what he should do about it. I wasn't trying to be mean to a homeless person, but they would literally be stepped on if someone wasn't careful.

Breakfast was as reviewed... not very plentiful and poorly cooked. I don't think I'd stay here again unless nothing else was available.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2018

When we arrived at 6, the lobby was already locked and the front desk attendant looked like she would have rather done anything else other than getting up to open it for us. I'm not sure how she managed to check us in without saying more than 5 words but she did.

We were upstairs, which means we had to use our key to get to the elevator and that was great. I'd rather be secure! But the stairwell was locked as well with no way to open it from the bottom OR the top. If there was ever a fire, we'd die. You should probably fix that, Quality Inn.

The room seemed clean for the most part until we got to the bedding. That was disgusting. The beds were okay comfort wise.

The walls were paper thin and we were woken up by traffic about seven times.

The breakfast was pretty stingy even for a continental breakfast. Definitely not impressed. At the least the morning employee was more friendly than the evening one had been.

This hotel is in a great location, though. It was a $5 Uber drive to the Golden 1 center and pretty easily accessibly with dedicated parking. For a one night stop over, it worked.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends