“Great Hotel and Great Location!”

Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pembroke Pines
“Great Hotel and Great Location!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Everything about this hotel was perfect. The hotel, room and surrounding area was clean. The beds were comfortable, and the free breakfast each morning was delicious, not like free breakfast at other hotels we have stayed at. The staff was helpful and friendly. I was allowed to check out several hours after regular check-out time without any problem. The location is great too.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the upper floors (there are 12) because it is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulaSPembrokePines

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was my first stay and, while not the Hyatt, it was comfortable and clean. Each suite has a full kitchen and sitting area. Since I was on a two -night business trip, I did not need to use it, but it would have come in handy for a longer stay or travels with family. The morning breakfast was simple but completely sufficient. The location across from the Capitol Park is nice. Parking can be a challenge. They have a small, clean exercise room which was adequate for a quick stay. Overall a good value.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Across from the State Capitol, the room offers a refrigerator, cooking and plenty of room to relax, watch TV and communicate. Nothing fancy, but ample. Downsides: Parking is next door but not attached, so you have to check in and then park your car for a separate fee. While the check-in and gratis morning buffet (modest, but enough) staff are great, the evening folks attending the bar can be a bit cold. Timing and pricing discounts are key here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Coastguy
Manteca, California
Reviewed 18 March 2012

It was a great stay near Capitol Park. Staff was friendly and accomodating. The blower for air conditioner/fan was loud; But everything else was fine.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
smoranvi, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Downtown at Capitol Park, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for your review; I do apologize the fan was loud in your room and hopefully you let the team know upon your departure. If you did not get a chance please reach out to us so we can be sure it is properly repaired and others are not impacted as you were. It is after all the little things that matter the most! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!

Shelly Moranville
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

they got everything wrong from check in to check out. months later they are still giving me grief!
i wanted to stay there for my 21st birthday because of its convenient location right across the street from the park night club, little did i know how inconvenient this hotel would be!
i booked my two rooms weeks ahead, but ended up talking to a friend who had a card with them and could get me a discount by switching my reservation to his name instead of mine.
he filled out all the paper work and got the rooms switched over (or so we thought)
when i went to check in the hotel had made two reservations, one was my old reservation under my name and the other was under the new name.
after about an hour of arguing with the front desk it got figured out (or so i thought)
i went out that night and had a blast with my friends for my birthday and didn't go to sleep till about 4am.
i got woken up at 6am to phone calls from the front desk threatening to call the cops if i did not check out in 5 mins!!!! because after i checked in they did not finish the paper working switching the names over like they were supposed to.
they had lost the paper work instead! i showed them my copy of the paper work and after hours of arguing they finally figured it out.
then they charged the wrong credit card and added another costumer in the hotel with my same last name to my bill!
i ended up paying for 3 rooms instead of the two i had reserved!
they also charged me for 3 smoking fees in all rooms!
it was my 21st and my friends and i had all been smoking in front of the hotel before calling it a night and heading to our rooms because we smelt like smoke they charged me smoking fees! even a smoking fee for the room of the other costumer with my same last name!
i am still fighting it to this day and have not gotten my money back!
shelly and peter are the managers at this hotel and they are even more horrible then the hotel!
they have been making me jump through hoops for months now trying to get my money back from the wrongly charged room and smoking fees.
after months and me sending in all my paper work showing exactly what i reserved and should have paid for they are still not giving my money back!
they also charged me $1,200 damage fee for a lipstick mark on the door of one of my rooms.
after i took pictures proving there was no damage i was able to get that back thank god!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank arianna707
We have spoken many times since your stay in November and it is unfortunate you were so dissapointed. We strive very hard to make every guest experience a pleasant one. I again apologize this was not the case during your stay.

Shelly Moranville