“Amazing sushi & sashimi ”
Review of kru

kru
Ranked #48 of 2,215 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Relatively new place, looks modern and fresh. Sushi and sashimi during lunch were superb, preparation shows imagination and refinement.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Had been to Kru restaurant at the old location on J Street many times and had always impressed with the food (especially the presentation of). Anxious to try the new location restaurant at Folsom Blvd. The ambience is very nice indeed and so is the food. The only complaints are 1) the beverage service was very slow. We ordered a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and it took over half a hour before the bar could locate one and after we nearly finished 2 orders of small plates including the oysters which we wanted to have with the wine. 2) finding parking at the new location is quite challenging.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

The staff at Kru are very well trained on gluten intolerance and celiac disease. Many of the items on the menu can be accommodated to be gluten-free. The food is amazing and because the food is amazing a reservation is strongly recommended.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

My friend and I wanted to try Kru, so we tried making reservations online. The website was down, so we just drove over at 5:30 pm. We were told there were no tables available until 8:30, but we could sit at the sushi bar. After waiting for about 15 minutes, we were told there was a cancellation and we were taken to a table. The cocktails were good, but small, and the gyoza were pretty standard. My friend had a Rainbow Roll and I had the sesame chicken (due to fish allergies). The presentation of my sesame chicken was impressive--golden brown breaded chicken with an unknown garnish on top, and some nice stir-fried zucchini, peppers and mushrooms. There was a balsamic teriyaki sauce on the side. After trying the garnish and not liking it, I pushed it off to the side. Along with it went all of the chicken breading which I realized was soggy. The chicken was cut into chunks more than an inch wide, so I had to pick it up with my chopsticks, put it in the sauce and bite off pieces of the chunk. The breading underneath the chicken was even more soggy than the top, and without the sauce, the chicken had no flavor. There was not a sesame seed in sight. The stir-fry vegetables were delicious. My friend said her Rainbow Roll was OK, but she'd had better elsewhere. We left disappointed, especially since the chicken was $18. Across the back parking lot was a place called the Sushi Cafe that both of us had been to and enjoyed. We'll be going there instead next time. By the way, the wait staff was extremely polite and attentive.

1  Thank Mushroomminnow
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Everything is beautiful and the presentation causes one to
pause before eating.
Full bar and service. Happy hour is a good choice with a variety of small bites.
Expensive but worth it.