“Great fresh made to order sushi”
Review of Azukar Sushi

Azukar Sushi
Ranked #268 of 2,216 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

If you like fresh made to order food, this is the place for you!! The preservation is awesome and so is the service. The food is always consistent and clean. We usually go there for lunch but have tried the dinner menu which is very different and great as well. Great value for the money. Enjoy!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

The sushi here was very good for the price, especially since it's AYCE (All You Can Eat) and the restaurant doesn't impose a surcharge for leftover rice or fish (although it is frowned upon to over order and leftovers are not allowed to be carried out). The fish quality was good and you can get everything from Sushi Maguro to Tako to Eel to Rolls that were very tasty. I would recommend this place for lunch or dinner and I will definitely be back for seconds!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

The sushi is very good here as is the sashimi. When reading the menu, the rolls kind of all pretty much seem the same, but actually having the rolls in front of you - you will see they aren't and they were all very good. It's nice you can try a whole bunch for 1 price (either lunch or dinner). The sushi was very fresh as was the ginger. We left full and happy. Can't wait to go again. The service is kind of hit and miss. Sometimes it seems that even though it's an all you can eat, they aren't happy when you order more food. Some rolls come without any sauce, so be sure to ask for some.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

I visited this restaurant for lunch after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. While they offer an ala cart menu I elected to select the AYCE lunch option sushi. While I don't remember the exact number of menu choices (I believe it was in excess of 50) it included non sushi items as well (Goyza, edamame, tempura, various desert selections, etc.)

My server, Christine?, was excellent. Although I know my way around a sushi/sashimi menu she suggested a few of the chef's specialties which I found to be very tasty. If you can eat a lot of sushi (no sashimi in the AYCE menu) this is a very good bargain.

The fish portions are generous, the rice is served at the right temperature and consistency. Overall the food was so good that I returned for dinner. This time the menu included all of the available luncheon menu selection plus additional side items and roughly another 50 additional selections. Again, service was excellent and the food was very good.

Here's my subjective rating from 1-5 (with 5 being the best)

Service - 5
Cleanliness - 5
Comfort - 5
Quality of Food - 5
Value - 5

RECOMMENDED - Yes, highly. If you are someone who enjoys sushi and you enjoy variety this is a restaurant you should definitely try when in Sacramento. I can easily spend much more on the east coast for the same quantity and quality offered here in an AYCE format. I plan to return whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

Our friends have been ranting about this place so we decided to try it out. Its a bit of a drive however, boy oh boy was it worth it. The food was fresh, awesome and the service was fantastic. The BBQ albacore is out of this world and the servings were plenty. I can't wait to go back. AAA +++