“Excellent and popular Sacramento sushi”

Mikuni Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #4 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Price range: USD 15 - USD 35
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Mikuni is popular in Sacramento, and for a good reason. With a mix of traditional and California fusion sushi, some exciting and inventive rolls, they offer a wide range on their long menu. They also serve udon noodle soup. Can be a bit noisy, but then authentic sushi places often are. One of the best Japanese restaurants in Sac!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I love Mikuni and have always enjoyed myself at any of their locations. The downtown location is my favorite mostly for the cool urban vibe. I highly recommend the BBQ'd albacore with both the red and white sauces. Also, if it is only 2 of you, sit at the bar next to the sushi chefs and they can create amazing rolls to your liking!

1  Thank Lana F
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

While walking around downtown Davis we looked for a place to have lunch before heading off to a late-afternoon wedding. Just when we were about to give up on finding something we liked we came across this place. It had a nice outdoor patio with shade and sunshine. I liked that it had a lot of "vegetarian" options. We tried the bento box lunch which was delicious and I ordered some bubbly which they served in a beautiful, tall, cylindrical flute! I had fun practicing my very rusty chopsticks skills. The ambiance was perfect as was the food & service (we were in Japan a couple years ago so this was a real treat to find!)

1  Thank travelingCAgal
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

The service was very good; the food was fresh and well served; the interior of the restoran was average; everything was fairly pricey; very good experience in general.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

First off Mikuni is the local go-to for me for sushi. Every time the sushi is fantastic. The fish is fresh, the rolls creative enough and the hot and cold apps are great. I have been to three of their locations: Eureka, Hazel and the Fountains. The Fountains without question has the best atmosphere however the other two have that ultra busy and noisy thing that doesn't exactly make for great date night material but for families and kids it's an A+