“Satisfactory”

Curry Club Indian Bistro
Ranked #282 of 2,131 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Would be a welcome luncheon spot ... and well situated near Convention Center and capital for that. Unfortunately, I made it a dinner destination, and it's not an overly pleasant evening location. The neighborhood at night is desolate. The evening lighting in the Curry Club is bright. Very bright. Diner bright. No alcohol, so forget the Indian beer with your curry. Service is fast and competent, but not friendly or particularly helpful. And the food, while adequate, is plain, simple, tasty -- but not layered or complex. The curry sauce was acceptable but not memorable. Best: nicely flavored, crisp, tasty garlic naan.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

I came by this place by accident last Friday. Not special looking from the outside. Same on the inside. Basic metal framed tables and chairs. It was lunchtime, so they were running a buffet. No prices were advertised but as it was downtown Sacramento I expected to pay a premium.
There were eight choices of hot dishes plus basmati rice. You got either a plain or garlic naan of your choice. I think I tried four of the eight hot dishes and they were all excellent, plus the naan was one of the best I've ever eaten.
Imagine my delight when paying I found that the cost was only $10 each!
Will definitely go back again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2016

I found this restaurant through an app and decided it was worth the try. Very friendly service and really good food. I had the mixed grill and naan bread. The mixed grill was great. I had more than enough food. My grill had 2 types of chicken and shrimp. If i had it again I'd get it without the shrimp as the other meat was so good.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Hailing from Southall I am on a constant search for a curry to compare to home, this is not it.
Pakora is lentil flour or Besan, not sure what coated my chicken, but it was burnt and fell apart, I don't think it was gluten free.
My vindaloo had too much vinegar in the sauce, but that is chef's discretion, the shrimp were overcooked and rubbery, obviously in the pan from the start of the cooking process.
The staff are great, they seemed to have a cross section of cultures from India and the USA. They were all very friendly and helpful. Average prices for Indian food.

Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Like everyone else says it's the best in Sacramento, I go as often as I can. Girlfriend loves it too. For lunch go early or after 12:45 to get a seat! Enjoy!