“So much yummy food! Guide was really sweet and fun.”

Local Roots Food Tours
Midtown Sacramento Arts Tour
Ranked #1 of 19 Food & Drink in Sacramento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Local Roots Food Tours offers food and farm adventures throughout Sacramento and its beautiful valley region. We offer 3 different walking food and cultural tours in Sacramento. Going beyond the big city - our other walking food tour can be found in picturesque Murphys,CA. Murphys Food & Wine Tour explores the Queen of the Sierra - a wonderful mining town with 8 delicious stops including food and wine. Ranked #1 Tour in Sacramento by Trip Advisor. Each tour offers a large variety of tastings (10+), while visiting 6-10 different specialty food shops, artisans, and neighborhood restaurants. All of our tours are offered year-round, last between 3.5 to 4 hours and range between $42 - $70, depending on the tour. The tours focus on F.L.O.S.S. (fresh, local, organic, seasonal, and sustainable) foods and beverages. Enough food is served on each tour that most guests consider it a meal. Savor, learn, explore and connect to some amazing communities and their culinary dishes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 8 May 2018

"midtown"
in 19 reviews
"murals"

Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have been on several food tours before, in San Francisco and New York. To experience this tour in the Farm to Fork Capital of the Country was a highlight! Dawnie, our guide, is an educated food expert making her highly knowledgeable, as well as kind, personable and accessible. There was a great amount and wide variety of food, all of which was delicious. I live in Sacramento and was entertaining out of town guests. As a result, I have done the typical Sacramento sites many times and needed something unusual and entertaining for both my guests and for myself, and this certainly was the perfect choice. I am a bit of a "foodie" myself, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much new information I received - we went to two places I never knew existed and received recommendations for many more. It was a perfect afternoon.

Reviewed 18 April 2018