Book In Advance
Tours from Local Roots Food Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Local Roots Food Tours
from USD 75.00
from USD 78.00
from USD 72.00
More Info
All reviews art food k street great tour downtown tour street art farm to fork spend an afternoon some great food sacramento history interesting facts candy store downtown sac chefs midtown murals kay hyatt
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Started with traditional American fare of ham and cheese sandwich with house made chips at Hawks Public House, then went international with Vietnamese pho soup and Korean beef and pork bulgogi fusion taco marinated with kiwi. A winery tour, coffee and dessert, and even a history lecture at Fot Sutter. A truly delicious experience.
Shelly, you're the best!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We received this as a wedding gift... THAT was an excellent idea for a couple who already have everything. This was a really fun outing. We chose the K street walk. Our tour began at the Hyatt on L st. we met 3 other couples and our tour guide took us on a slow rambling walk which included 3 K st restaurants, a candy store, and an ice cream/dessert shop. As we walked the guide pointed out K st architecture, told us of the history of many business, and talked about the chefs and owners of many of Sacramento's restaurants... All which was incredibly interesting, especially since the Kay was one of my hangouts in the late 1970's. Excellent way to spend an afternoon, discovered a new favorite restaurant, met some very nice people and decided this was the best gift ever to give someone else. only draw back was i personally would have preferred less sweet stops and one more "dinner" choice... I hear they have an East Sacramento Tour also... really need to try that.

Date of experience: November 2017
LocalRootsFoodTours, Owner at Local Roots Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts on your Local Roots Food Tours Downtown Historical tour. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed yourself on our tour! We do have two other tours, Sutter District (which encompasses a bit of East Sacramento) and Midtown Arts currently available and our R Street tour will be up and running shortly. A true East Sacramento Tour will follow shortly after that. We look forward to having you as a guest on each and every one of them! Thank you again for taking the time to offer a review. Most appreciated!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice tour. Our guide gave us lots of good information on a variety of Sacramento topics. It was a great way to start our visit and get oriented to downtown. Everything was delicious and we were quite full by the end. I loved all the businesses except the arcade stop, mostly because it was loud and it’s not my thing/interest

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Marina D
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We had a great time learning interesting facts about Sacramento and tasting some great food on the historical downtown tour. We never felt rushed even though we stopped at quite a few places during the tour. Our guide was super friendly and very passionate about the Sacramento food culture. It's a great tour for locals and visitors to the area!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This was such a fun and enjoyable experience I would definitely recommend it for a first time visit to Sacramento. My husband and I got to try out restaurants we never would have tried on our own, learned a ton of interesting facts about Sacramento history, and thought it was a great value.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I have been on several food tours before, in San Francisco and New York. To experience this tour in the Farm to Fork Capital of the Country was a highlight! Dawnie, our guide, is an educated food expert making her highly knowledgeable, as well as kind, personable and accessible. There was a great amount and wide variety of food, all of which was delicious. I live in Sacramento and was entertaining out of town guests. As a result, I have done the typical Sacramento sites many times and needed something unusual and entertaining for both my guests and for myself, and this certainly was the perfect choice. I am a bit of a "foodie" myself, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much new information I received - we went to two places I never knew existed and received recommendations for many more. It was a perfect afternoon.

Date of experience: April 2018