“Nice B&B”
Review of Vizcaya

Vizcaya
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I had a room in the carriage house, not the main house. I thought my room was spacious, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was a light continental, but there were home-made scones. About 1.5 miles to downtown, so about a 30 min walk. Or take the 62 bus, then it only takes 15 min.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Looks like this place could use some fresh reviews! Half of the reviews on here are old and the others are for some place in Tampa?! haha..

Anyway, We stayed here In March of 2017 for a friends wedding. As a wedding Venue I think it was very nice. The wedding was beautiful. They had a cocktail hour outside after the wedding and it was such a nice ambiance.. They have beautiful grounds and twinkle lights all around. The reception was held in the meeting area which was also very elegant and a good size!

Our room was nice also, from pictures it looks as though each room is a little different. Our room was nice, no complaints really.. The shower was a little odd.. But this is an older hotel and everything that came with it was a part of its character. Overall I would say we had a very good stay!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Funky bed and breakfast/hotel. Hotel could use some TCL. Staff is very friendly and professional. Would only stay here on a short trip. Missing some basic necessities like a coffee maker in room and a shower that drains well.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We attended a wedding and reception here. The property is beautiful as the building is historically quaint. Some of the wedding family members stayed at the hotel and they really enjoyed their rooms. The grounds are nicely landscaped and private.

The wedding meal was delicious. There were salmon, chicken, beef and vegetarian pasta choices. The side dishes served with each were delicious and presented well. The bread served with the meal was good as well. I would recommend it for dinner or brunch as I am sure their kitchen provides a very good brunch as well.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

My stay was pleasant the first two nights. On night three, I discovered someone had used the bed & glasses! Clean towels missing and dirty towel left. It was an invasion of privacy and a health hazard on the short list! Harry apologized & remade bed; gave me new towels and his personal cell # for follow-up and said call Serge. Serge said, "I am not authorized to do anything; but, won't charge you for the last two nights." Serge had already told me I didn't have to pay for 5 days if I didn't need them; so I wouldn't expect to be charged, even though the form they have you sign said it could be billed. Serge said, "I won't charge if you don't need the extra days." I have called Harry with no response after a week. They may do beautiful weddings; but, security issues and staff behavior is an issue of integrity and trust being violated! Never again!

Room Tip: Room was discounted for broken window. Husband was in hospital & window didn't bother me. R...