“Enchanted ”

Mission Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 785 Restaurants in Riverside
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Description: Decorated in colorful tiles, vaulted ceilings, ornate wall sconces and marble accents, the Mission Inn Restaurant’s centerpiece is a state-of-the-art display kitchen, where chefs prepare signature comfort foods and light fare. Recently recognized as a "Top 100 Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants in America" by OpenTable Diner's Choice Awards the adjacent Spanish Patio is an al fresco dining spot surrounded by the bell tower, Anton’s Clock and Glockenspiel, a collection of bells from missions throughout the United States, and a circular tiled fountain.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This is a historical place, classical decoration and wonderful place. You can walk to the different rooms, enjoy a romantic fireplace and you don’t want to leave. Everyone who visits Riverside should dine in Mission Inn. I want to bring my whole family there.

Date of visit: March 2018
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Giselle O,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed The Mission Inn Restaurant! Please bring the whole family the next time you return! We'd love to have you all.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had Easter Brunch at the Mission Inn and it was a wonderful experience. Excellent food (as always), excellent service and a beautiful atmosphere. Super kudos to Alejandro Mendoza who was constantly helping other staff to get tables cleaned off and re-set even though I don't believe that was what his position required of him. He went above and beyond his "suit" job when he carried a huge tray of dirty dishes for one of the "bus staff" because that person had injured his wrist and was wearing a brace. Thank you Mission Inn for a memorable day.

Date of visit: April 2018
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear CruiseTahiti,

Wow, we are so glad to hear Alex went above and beyond to make sure his staff was operating at top efficiency! Thank you so much for sharing that with us; we will be sure to let the Director of Restaurants know so that Alex can be properly recognized for his outstanding service.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I usually bring my business associates for Lunch. We invariably sit outside in the patio, which is beautiful. The most efficient is to the buffet. The food at the buffet is good for a buffet, but the desert section is amazing.

Date of visit: February 2018
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Agenor M.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the buffet and its desserts. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I ate here twice on business—once for breakfast and once for lunch. The food was COLD both times. My breakfast featured sausage that tasted like it wS drawn from the refrigerator just moments before being placed in my plate. I love sausage, but I stopped eating after two bites from one.

Lunch was no better. I ordered a sandwich that featured room temperature fries. It was sad and disgusting.

There are so many better options—I would skip this one. I’m sorry to say this since I love the hotel. But if we all pitch in—maybe this restaurant will save up and buy a hot lamp for the food someday.

Date of visit: March 2018
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Eric Y,

I am so sorry to hear that both of your experiences at The Mission Inn Restaurant were dissatisfactory. We want nothing more than to consistently deliver amazing service, food, beverage and ambiance and I am disappointed to hear that this was not reflected in either of your visits. I will contact you privately to further discuss the situation so that restaurant management can properly utilize your feedback to make the necessary adjustments for improvement. Again, I apologize profusely and hope you reconsider returning to The Mission Inn Restaurant. Regardless, I thank you for taking the time to review us and share your valuable criticism.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Went for Sunday Brunch last week. Arrived 45 minutes early for my 12:45pm reservation. Checked in and noted that I knew I was very early. I didn’t expect to be seated early. I just wanted to request to sit indoors in steakhouse dining room. I was told they made no promises but would sit me somewhere indoors. When my reservation time came around, I was told there was no seating available where I requested. As we started to get our food, my party noted there were 3 tables for 4 available in the area I had originally requested. Hostess was not happy to move us but reluctantly did. This really left me with a bad feeling about the place. Food was good (great shrimp scampi). Service otherwise attentive.

Date of visit: March 2018
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear tqtq,

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our hostess. This kind of reaction to your request is unacceptable, as we strive to deliver exceptionally great service to all of our guests. We will be passing your review along to our Director of Restaurants so that he may properly review our staff. Thank you for your review and we hope you will return in the future.