“Fine Breakfast and Dinners”

Mission Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 802 Restaurants in Riverside
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Description: Decorated in colorful tiles, vaulted ceilings, ornate wall sconces and marble accents, the Mission Inn Restaurant’s centerpiece is a state-of-the-art display kitchen, where chefs prepare signature comfort foods and light fare. Recently recognized as a "Top 100 Best Outdoor Dining Restaurants in America" by OpenTable Diner's Choice Awards the adjacent Spanish Patio is an al fresco dining spot surrounded by the bell tower, Anton’s Clock and Glockenspiel, a collection of bells from missions throughout the United States, and a circular tiled fountain.
Reviewed 25 November 2016

The Mission Inn Restaurant is one of the restaurants in the historic Mission Inn. We had two breakfasts and one dinner there, two of which we ate in the Spanish Patio by the fountain--given our dinner was our 35th Anniversary dinner, it was quiet and romantic.

Breakfasts were reasonably priced and very substantial---you could get by with a lunch snack followed by an early dinner if you were staying there. The dinner too was generous, my wife's seabass and my salmon were cooked perfectly---drinks are reasonably priced.

If you live in the area, this would make a nice night out too. Servers were prompt and courteous---they had a sense of humor and were not standoffish. Worth the money.

Date of visit: November 2016
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Dear Docster66,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed a romantic anniversary dinner out on our award-winning Spanish patio. We hope to see you and your wife again in the future!

Reviewed 25 November 2016

I had breakfast my first morning at the Mission Inn - and loved the experience so much I returned for lunch. For breakfast, I enjoyed the Farmers Market Fruit Plate. It included several types of fruits and berries, yogurt, and banana bread. I appreciated the fact that the Mission Inn Restaurant has a complete breakfast menu, rather than a buffet-style breakfast.

When I returned for lunch, I sat on the beautiful patio as the weather had warmed up. For lunch, I started with a bowl of excellent Chicken Tortilla soup - followed by the Caesar Salad. I added both chicken and anchovies to the salad. There were so many anchovies, I really only needed to add one additional item. The salad was delicious.

My server at both breakfast and lunch was Daniel. He provided excellent, professional and friendly service.

Dear GareThere,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your kind words. We are thrilled to hear you were able to join us for both breakfast and lunch! We are also happy to hear Daniel provided exceptional service during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

The service was outstanding. We had a very good view of the bell tower which at night makes for a romantic setting. Try to sit on the outer perimeter of the courtyard in the back corner. However, not under the roofs or it will take away from your view.

Date of visit: November 2016
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at Mission Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Dear TravelinMan330,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are pleased to hear you experienced excellent service during your recent visit. Our associates work hard to make sure our guests leave with positive experiences, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Two of my business associates and I had lunch at the Mission Inn Restaurant last week. It was a sincere pleasure. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. I had something unique for me...Eggs Benedict with Crab. What a taste treat. Can't wait to return, hopefully for dinner.

Dear Dave G,

We are pleased to hear you and your associates enjoyed a nice breakfast at our restaurant! We look forward to having you back with us at The Mission Inn Restaurant again.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

This is a wonderful place to have breakfast and enjoy the beauty of the Inn. The Farmers Market Fruit plate was so good! A nice variety of fresh ripe fruit with yogurt and the banana bread was delicious.

Dear Traci H,

Thank you for providing us with a review, we are glad to hear you recommend our restaurant! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.