“Your Classic French Fare”
Review of Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir
Ranked #10 of 784 Restaurants in Riverside
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

We chose to go here for our Anniversary dinner and we were not disappointed. There are few fine dining options in the inland empire so we were lucky to come across this. The restaurant is small and cozy - service wasn't overly fast but that was fine with us. We ordered the escargot in mushroom caps appetizer and the Fois Gras special. Both were exceptional! We had the Filet Mignon with red and white sauce. This was cooked well and was very flavorful. We also had the Sweetbreads which were good but a little overlooked. For dessert, we shared the sampler which was also very tasty. Richard was our server and was very attentive and conversational. Jean Pierre, the owner for 25 years, also came out to chat with us. If you are looking for Traditional French food and don't want to travel far, it's right here in Riverside.

2  Thank Keith A

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had reservations at 9:00 pm, it was during the busiest season and the only availability they had. Arriving early at 8:15 they graciously accommodated our party of four. Le Chat Noire's perfection of hospitality made this a memorable experience.

1  Thank robinjurovich
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Everything the reviews here say about Let Chat Noire is true: the food and the service are both great, it's hands down the best restaurant in Riverside. But there's a downside of which you should be aware. This is not a place to go to catch up with old friends or propose marriage to your sweetie: it's LOUD and (because it's a small room) the tables are crowded up against each other. Although perhaps with the the help of an acoustic advisor the owner could do something to mitigate it (installing carpeting, tapestries or whatever) he seems content with it the way it is. If you don't mind a somewhat raucus atmosphere you'll have a fine time here. If you are intent on coversation, you had better go elsewhere.

1  Thank 403danas
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening at Le Chat Noire. The restaurant is intimate with attentive service. A full bar is available so I started with a gin martini. There is also an extensive list of wines by the glass. For dinner - I began with a simple mixed green salad. For my entree - I chose the catch of the day: Halibut in a mushroom sauce that was incredible. I decided to drink my dessert: A French Connection: Courvoisier and Frangelico with coffee.

1  Thank GareThere
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Le Chat Noire was very understanding and accommodating when we showed up without reservations and needed a table for 6. The service was wonderfully attentive while being unobtrusive. The lamb was prepared just as ordered and while good, was not as excellent at that at the Mission Inn, which I believe is cooked sous vide. At the end of the evening we realized that none of us had had any trouble hearing each other through our lively conversations. That was a great plus in our books. The atmosphere was elegant but cozy, just right for our guest of the evening. Prices are not cheap but they are appropriate for the quality, setting, and level of service. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank ssformation