All reviews grocery store across the street crown molding flat screen tv city college rooms are small within walking distance plantation shutters budget hotel waffle maker comfortable bed up to date yogurt definitely stay here again early check pleasant stay the breakfast area downtown area
Reviewed 13 November 2012

For our first stay in Riverside CA in more than 4o years, we stayed here. This motel was probably build in the 1950s and the rooms are small. However, it has obviously been extensively remodeled and the bath room was very nice. It has a fairly large flat screen HD TV with DirectTV. Although it is on a main (if perhaps not that busy) street is was quite. We found a couple of short comings but some were being addressed. The microwave that had for the breakfast bar had been sent for repair but I was told it was being returned. Also they had ordered some sort of clock radio for the rooms. The biggest remaining drawback is the incredibly heavy comforter on the bed. They said they could provide blankets if we had asked. If I have a reason to stay in Riverside again I would stay here and ask a blanket.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at America's Best Value Inn at 4045 University Avenue in Riverside, CA. The staff was very friendly, told us where we could buy a tie, check-in and check-out was fast, room was really clean, bed was comfortable, and breakfast was wonderful (and included in the price of the room). They also gave us directions to the place where we were attending a wedding within walking distance (Mission Inn). Just very friendly staff and a wonderful experience!! Would stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

If you've ever stayed at a ABVI, you know not to set your expectations very high (think Motel 6). That is why I will typically give an ABVI motel 3 stars if the rooms are clean enough to sleep in and walk in (sometimes barely passable) and I don't get mugged. The reason why I gave this motel 5 stars is because the outside looks like a typical ABVI Inn but once you open the door to your room, it's like walking into a luxury room at a Hilton or Marriott. Although the room was small, the bed was very comfortable with plush covers, the carpet was clean, the bathroom was clean, and you have a large selection of satellite channels. What more can you ask for? How about a free continental breakfast that includes juice, pastries, waffles, coffee/cappuccino/espresso, and cereal. Plus it's only 1 hour away from LA.

Over the course of my travels, I've stayed at four ABVI motels; Boulder, Port Hueneme, Solvang, and now Riverside. The condition and location of each motel can range from filthy and scary (like living in the hood) to clean and pleasant. It's apparent this motel chain does not have any quality standards so make sure you read the reviews before booking. That way you can get the best value for your money and have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed one night in this motel. It was very clean but the room was very small, the desk and chair were crammed up against the bed and doubled as the bedside table, there was nowhere else to sit. Two people couldn't pass each other at the bottom of the bed. Apart from that it was tastefully furnished and the bed was comfortable although very high - being a short person I found it difficult to get into! Very nice bedding though.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

After viewing the on-line photos, I was surprised and a little daunted to discover that it was a motel and not a hotel or inn. My apprehensions were entirely unfounded. We were very happy with all aspects of our stay. We really appreciated the high level of cleanliness and our room was very inviting and comfortable. The staff and management were wonderful as well. We would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Riverside in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple