1,784 results
All reviewsfestival of lightspresidential loungehistoric hotellas campanasthe mexican restaurantcupcakesnooks and cranniesold world charmholiday seasonmillion lightsevery cornerone of a kindbucket listbeautiful architecturevalet parkingwedding receptionchristmas decorations
Reviewed 21 August 2017

a great place to spend a couple of days , preferably during the week , as there are weddings every saturday , meaning a bunch of people everywhere and in the pool .. otherwise , the pool is almost for u only .. great food , specially the one in the Inside patio ( the other one is "mexican food " , not bad though ) .. amazing historical building, bedrooms seem to have been a little bit updated since my last stays ( 3 weeks every summer from 2001 to 2007 ! ) .. charming people here ( and that is an improvement , as for many years and specially at the front desk , it was not really the case ! ) .. from the pool to the restaurants and the bar , they were all really caring ..
by the way , the pool is just awesome , as big as charming

1  Thank Freestone-Paris
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I've driven past this beautiful hotel during the Christmas Season and heard how charming it was. So when I needed a place to stay overnight after a nearby wedding, I chose the Mission Inn. It does indeed look charming, but what hit me when I first walked in was an odd smell in the lobby. Not mildew, just odd. I can't explain it, but I'm an avid traveler and I've never encountered a hotel smelling like this before. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go my room right after check-in because we were on our way to the wedding. When I came back after midnight, I went to my room on the third floor and discovered that someone had smoked recently in the hallway and/or in my room. It was too late to get a different room since the hotel was completely booked. The front desk was respectful, friendly, and tried to help... but they said that all they could do was to send security up to the third floor to see who might have been smoking and to ensure I wouldn't be penalized for causing the smoke. I don't know why the guest who had the room before me didn't get penalized..... It's unfortunate that I had to pay for a room in a "smoke free" hotel that was filled with cigarette smoke.

2  Thank keithkL8352MX
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear keithkL8352MX,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please contact me at jwolkowicz@missioninn.com. I would love to hear from you to discuss your experience further.

Jonathan Wolkowicz
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I love everything about the Mission Inn until I do not. The squid, vomitous, is my best description and the staff would not take it away and bring something (anything) else. The steaks are melt in your mouth with flavor and tenderness. The facility as a whole is one MASSIVE ADVENTURE in architecture and artwork. Sunday Brunch is a bit pricey but definitely nice if you have dollars to waste (I'd rather have a $60 steak)

Room Tip: It is such a unique property all rooms have something awesome about them that we have occupied.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dforthun
Reviewed 15 August 2017

One the best places you can stay at, the room as the best, the spa was fabulous, an the Rest. great. Christmas time they have Festival of Light, a great night life. Close to Palm Spring and you can go to the mountains Big Bear, lake Arrowhead, great foe eating places. Riverside has a great history, Mission Inn has a great tour of the hotel and music in the Presidents Lounge also museums that you can go thru, it will be trip you'll never forget.

Room Tip: Doing Christmas the hotel offer Festival of Light.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear bencmf46,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear your kind words, we truly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Esteban Castillo
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was my third visit to the hotel in a few months after initially being introduced by my wife.
Breakfast on the patio is the best. such a beautiful setting for a relaxed and tasty feast. I always go for the eggs benedict as its fab- I used to travel to Dubai to a certain hotel that I thought made the best but this hotel comes close- and its not as far to travel to!
If you'd like a romantic breakfast, this place wins hands down.

I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear socalstefan,

We thank you sharing your review with us. We are delighted to hear this is your third visit to the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa! We appreciate your kind words, and we look forward to your return visit.

Esteban Castillo