“Beautiful Resort and very good spa facilities! Some rooms are loud because of restaurant in Spanish Patio or AC buzzing!”

The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Beautiful hotel and a good price for what you get too! Just had a deluxe queen room, but our booking was meant to be pool view (and they hadn't saved us a room with any view - it was facing the wall!). I spoke to management and got moved to a room just off the Spanish Patio. The room was nice and the AC didn't buzz (also the robes and bedsheets were AMAZING!). Only thing that was annoying about the room was the noise from the Spanish Patio on the Friday night as there was a large party dining there that kept making noise until 11pm ish (it sounded like they were having a crazy student party). Aside from that, it was great. We also got a couples massage in the bungalow near the spa and pedicures! Very good Spa service!

Room Tip: Avoid street views and ensure to check the sound from your AC unit before you accept the room!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mission Inn H, Social Media Coordinator at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear katherine m,

Thank yo so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to stay with us and found the Mission Inn Hotel to be an amazing Hotel. We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Esteban Castillo
Social Media Coordinator

Write a ReviewReviews (1,681)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Growing up in the area, the historic Mission Inn was an intriguing and special place for me. So when I was there last week for a family reunion, I was able to get a great on-line price through their website for 1 night. (I originally booked 2 additional nights on a travel website, but did later cancel those nights due to my limited budget).

When I arrived at check-in, I discovered that the hotel had cancelled BOTH reservations, including the one I booked on their website. I had to spend 20 minutes arguing with the staff about it before the manager got involved. Then they charged me full price for the room, instead of the price I was guaranteed. Another 10 minutes and the manager finally approved the discounted rate. (NOTE: fortunately I had printed off both reservations, including the one I cancelled, to prove this).

After check-in, we made our way up to the 4th floor. We were put in the Raincross King room overlooking the patio. Beautiful inside and out, no question! The air conditioning worked amazing, but the bed was not to our liking (too soft).

One of the main reasons I wanted to stay here was the pool area. It is a wonderful place to lay and relax, at least if you are early risers like we are. It got super crowded and loud by 11 a.m., but before that was amazing.

I was highly impressed with the attention to the care of the grounds. It is a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We arrived at the Mission Inn on Sunday, enjoyed an amazingly delicious brunch, then settled into a spacious room, and relaxed in their beautiful pool area. Brunch was especially nice with wonderful, personal service from Annette. I enjoyed the Bread Pudding so much, she even sent me the recipe! The Mission Inn is a fun place to explore with it's interesting history and intriguing guest list. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Mission Inn H, Guest Relations Manager at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Tori P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear you found the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa to be an amazing Hotel, and also had the opportunity to experience our Sunday Brunch. We look forward to having you back with us at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa again soon.

Esteban Castillo
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We had a last minute weekend day available so we decided to stay here for our 5 year anniversary. We're super busy so we weren't sure when we could get away . We have never stayed here so we thought it would be fun and special. We got a good price and a nice room over looking the pool. Every anniversary we try to go some place different. Honestly, every other hotel has always had a small welcome gift for us . There was nothing . Not even a congratulations when we checked in. Even a card would have been sweet. At check in there was a long line. The person who checked us in was polite but not personable and we didn't feel welcome. Pretty much hurry check you in and call "next." Very disappointing. The room was quaint and clean . The architecture of the hotel is very pretty and it was very cool to walk the property and check it all out . Again , we walked by many employees on our self guided tour and not once was there any type of greeting.

We went down to the pool area . It was hot out so it was very crowded. It seemed cleaned though and it was a good time.

Sunday morning downtown Riverside is pretty much closed down so the only place to eat is at the hotel pretty much.

Overall it was an okay time. Beautiful Inn but the customer service should be much better , especially for the price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The Mission Inn & Spa is one of the few National, State & Local Historic registered hotels in the USA. It's history from its founding by the Miller family (check the Hotel's Wikipedia page and take a guided tour by the Museum folk) is remarkable. The architecture of each phase of the building is grandiose. The historic renovations have saved the place from decay and earthquake damage. The staff offer good service. The rooms are all different, recently renovated and comfortable. The location is in central Riverside with easy access to the freeways and an hour to LAX. The problem is that the hotel ownership discounted the rooms which has caused an influx of the masses who make the property too crowded as well as spoil the richness of the hotel. Staying at the Mission Inn is like lodging at the Four Seasons but with a Super 8 crowd. It was so bad on Friday and Saturday night with the various wedding parties who were partying all night. The loud noise was distracting to sleep and continued past midnight each night. I phoned the Front Desk 3 times on Saturday night to ask them to control the ruckus so guests could sleep. Would I stay here again? Unfortunately no due to the clientele, noise levels and reduced experience. Would I recommend it? Unfortunately not for the same reasons.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarcoPro2050

Dear MarcoPro2050,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please contact me at jwolkowicz@missioninn.com. I would love to hear from you to discuss your experience further.

Jonathan Wolkowicz