Booked this stay through TripAdvisor.
Absolutely beautiful. I love the layout and wide hallways. The service was a letdown.
We were looking forward to a relaxing breakfast before leaving so we headed down at 7. When we asked the host to be seated we were informed that there was a 30 minute wait. When I questioned the statement (there were unoccupied tables in the dinning area and no one else waiting), I was informed that they had a "rush" of diners (at 7am?) and that we would have to wait.
In my travels, I have never been denied a seat (if a table was available) in the breakfast area. It is my experience that most people in the morning are not in a big rush to be served but would just like a relaxed experience for breakfast.
They seem the have forgotten that the customer is why they are in business (or at least that they should be). I did not appreciate the arrogance of either the host or that of the dining manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside