“A true local gem”

Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marina Bay Parkway
Description: Salute E Vita, remains a home away from home for all lovers of food, art, wine, friends and most of all family, which is who we consider everyone dining with us to be. Our house made desserts, risottos, soups, pasta sauces and salad dressings are created daily. We are best known for traditional homemade Italian fare with fresh and delicious California cuisine. Whether you are in the mood for pasta or a magnificent entrée salad, fresh seafood or steak, you’ll find it here in our 100-year old Cape Cod Victorian that overlooks the marina waterfront with an elegant and welcoming fireplace dining room, an indoor veranda with stunning views of San Francisco or on our outdoor patio overlooking the Bay. We have a saying here, “at the table, no one grows old” So feel the passion for good food, beauty and friends and join us for lunch or dinner; we have your table ready!
Reviewed 20 November 2016

A friend introduced me to this wonderful restaurant a few years ago and I just love meeting her for lunches here. The people are very friendly and professional, food is excellent, and the view is so serene and beautiful. It is located in the Marina Bay of Richmond, CA. I call it nautically rustic. As soon as I walk through the door I feel good. This last lunch we were in the room adjacent to the bar. So light and bright with huge windows looking out to the boats gently rocking in the bay. There is
plenty of parking at the restaurant. If you really want to be impressed.....read about the owner. Her name is Menbere Aklilu. She works 12 hours a day 7 days a week here. She has so much passion for giving back because she had such a tough life growing up. She even brings kids from Kennedy High School in for a dinner and does a class on etiquette! How cool is that? She is amazing.
You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The food is great, the ambiance is charming, the service is excellent and the view is stunning, I had my birthday dinner here and everyone agreed the place is wonderful.
I recommend Salute for great food and a wonderful time.

1  Thank tallguy92056
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Salute's has become one of my favorite spots for a special event. The menu has many items that appeal to me. The experience is pure pleasure with good food, a wonderful view and great staff.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This beautiful restorante just fought its biggest battle and won! The recent eviction notice was dropped and this wonderful place for Italian food goes on! My family and I went there recently to celebrate my birthday, and the four of us loved our food. We said to the owner that we came there because we heard they were closing, and we wanted to experience the place at least one more time. She made sure that we had great attention paid to us. We loved the abundant food.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Great location, Good food, good service. A bit pricy, but profits also go to the community, as the owner, Menbe Aklilu, is a mover and a shaker in her community: support for local students, Thanksgiving meal to homeless (in the restaurant, how cool is that?!), and more. So I guess, paying in Salute, is also a contribution to that, right?