“Bar restaurant with a rugby theme”
Review of Botto Bistro

Botto Bistro
Ranked #5 of 134 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Most often when I order fish and chips the fish is cod. At Botto the fish was halibut - firmer texture and the breading was light enough so as to not overwhelm the fish.
Good selection of beers.

good selection of

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I stumbled onto this bistro when an accident blocked Cutting Road and I needed to kill some time. Very casual. Order at the counter, grab your beverage, and take one of the ten tables. They bring your meal to your table. There was only one other party present when I went in. There are lots of interesting menu items but a special--lamb burger with carmelized onions--spoke to me. It was delicious, as were the fresh fries. The accompanying salad was good but a little heavy on dressing. A draft beer--Boont Amber--went well with my meal. It was one of the better Ambers that I have tried. I would definitely return. The one oddity was needing to request a key for the restrooms. They are reserved for patrons but located at the back of the restaurant so there should not be an issue with noncustomers trying to use them.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Only had lunches. good food at a good value. Order at the counter and they will bring you meal to you. Recommend you try it.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Love their garlic fries!! The place is small and casual, the food is amazing. I usually get a Stromboli, but we have also tried the pizza. Yum, it's making me hungry just thinking about it.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Super casual, but haute styles. We went here based on the tripadvisor reviews. I am a chef/restaurateur, Italian chef at that...And this place delivered. From the chilled bottled water to the simple roasted potatoes, it was all ON POINT. We had the chicken roll...fantastic. I have never had Marsala with cheese like that. Totally authentic, and fun...reminded us of our Italian honeymoon in Tuscany.