“Very good food, Great service, Good prices”

Daimo Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Stopped in for dinner with family on a Saturday night. Came in around 7:30PM. Place was busy but we were seated within 8 minutes. Very busy restaurant. Lots of servers moving and shaking with dishes from the kitchen and busers cleaning up tables and getting ready for their next diners. Almost every seat was taken in the place. There were tables of 2 upwards to a table of 12. Pretty loud. Place is good for families, kids, couples and groups.

Food was very good. Every dish was served piping hot and freshly made. Flavors were very good as well. Ordered Chinese soul food. The kind Mom used to make when I was a little kid. Clams in black bean sauce were really tasty, and so was the Rice Porridge. The mixed Veggies with Shredded Chicken looked just like the picture and tasted just as good. Also Dad ordered the won ton soup with noodles as he always does and he said it was his favorite and they didn't disappoint. Also had Winter Melon Stir Fry with black bean sauce. It wasn't on the main menu but on a separate sheet and It was pretty good.

Overall, pleasant outing and very good service. Prices were fair and we left with bellies full and minds happy. Recommend anything with the black bean...it made the clams and the winter melon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Daimo wasn't as crowded as expected on Sundays. I called to make a reservation, but they only take them for big groups. We arrived at 2:15pm & were able to get a table right away.

They're orders are plenty to feed 2-4 people. They start you off with a pot of tea...I didn't see any loose leaves, but it was still good. We ordered prawn chow-fun (dry), shrimp fried rice, garlic green beans, & fried spring rolls which was all very good.

The waitress for our table took our order then we didn't see her again until she brought the check, but that's ok. Everything was at the table, so there was no need to check on us. I personally don't like interruptions anyway. The only thing I'd suggest is to ask for extra napkins & whatever you know your party will need before enjoying your meal so you don't have to worry about a wait for service.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

This was my first time eating here. The food was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. I really liked the mango pudding. There was ample parking.

1  Thank Hardrocker8888
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I love going out to eat at this restaurant. I chose egg drop soup with spinach and fried fish with black bean sauce. The fish was tender and tasted fresh. the egg drop soup with spinach was excellent. Both were outstanding and plenty of food to share this dish with my sister. My niece chose shrimp with walnuts and I would recommend that dish too. It was excellent as well.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Live nearby, do take out, eat in. Usually either a Steak with black peppercorns, and/or Stir fried shredded pork with bean curd and chives. White rice. Pot stickers. Been coming 10 years.

1  Thank MarkSS1