“Great Restaurant in Chinese Pacific East Mall”

Daimo Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 November 2016

This restaurant is under rated. I have no idea why in Yelps.com, people didn't give higher rating. I went there many times a year with family and friends. Very authentic Chinese food, Hong Kong or canton food, fresh, quality and reasonable price. It is not a place for meeting, dating or relaxation, it is a place for good food.

2  Thank Lan Z

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband just left the concert and he suggested this restaurant which I never have been to. We were seated and we asked for water after about 5 minutes the guy waiter came back with two glasses which one of them was half full so the lady waitress came to our table to collect the money for the food because we decided to take the food to go. I asked her can we please have some straws and also asked her could she fill up the glass that was half full and in this very rude voice she said you wait a minute we are very busy and slammed the tray that they put the receipt and your credit card in down on the counter and had her nose turned up and rolling her eyes at me (yes I'm an educated black women) that was the first and last time I would ever stepped foot in that place I would never ever go back to this restaurant very poor service the way she spoke to me was totally out of line and I totally was offended...

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

too many food to choose from, 1 thing i like bout this place is theyre open until 3 am, me and my bf comes to this place when all the restaurant around our area w rice servings are closed already. some food are good like the egg soup, my favorite for cold weather. utensils and plates looks dirty tbh. at night, more people eats here and they become busy serving and bringing food which is not ok.
price is okay. i think they put msg on all of their food, i never ask but hey, try and u will see. hehehe.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Was disappointed. It is convenient to HW80, open very late and ample parking. I really wanted to like it for these reasons alone. I am admittedly pretty picky because I grew up walking distance to San Francisco Chinatown and have eaten ALOT of Chinese food.

The bbq meat was excellent - we got the 3 item plate of cha siu, roast duck and roast pork. Everything was good, perfectly spiced and fatty but not too fatty KWIM?

Then the cooked food started coming out - the XO beef was bland. The beef with gailan was bland. The fukien (sp?) rice was better but still bland. It was odd, the quality of the ingredients was good. Beef was reasonable (not rubbery at all) and the gailan (Chinese brocolli) crisp but cooked through which is just what you want. But everything was really lacking flavor.

The main Pro - it was at least 30% more food than other Chinese restaurants for the same price. We were astounded by the huge quantity of each dish and would have ordered one dish less had we known. So you'll have plenty of leftovers, don't over-order here. Great for college students and teenagers.

The service was efficient if curt - kind of standard inexpensive Chinese joint service. My husband was completely repulsed by the bathrooms. He said they obviously hadn't been cleaned in recent history. The bottom of the stall doors are actually rusting out like an old car. Women's side was better. Tip - avoid the bathrooms if you can or if you are squeamish!

Reviewed 4 August 2015

After being on the road for 7 hours (driving from LA to SF on a Friday afternoon), nothing cheers up the soul more than some late night eats. We had already had our fill of In-N-Out, so we wanted something that didn't entail burgers. This is where Daimo comes into play.

When I lived in the bay area many years ago, I remember eating at this place and I'm so glad that nothing has changed. They are still open late and the portions are generous. Thank you to the Asian food gods!

In an effort to save time, I tried to order food over the phone. Big mistake especially since their menu was hard to find and I don't speak Chinese. I believe I found a portion of their menu on Yelp, but the full menu wouldn't load on my phone. So I did what I could and ordered what others had recommended, except they ran out of what we wanted. So I had to play a guessing game with the hostess on the phone. I think at the end of the conversation, she was fed up with me haha.

Once we arrived, the food was ready to go and when we took it to our hotel room, we were blown away with the portions. We ordered the Roasted Pork and Roasted Duck over rice. Both dishes came with a generous portion of rice, a little bit of steamed chinese broccoli and the proteins. Although both were salty, we were satisfied!

Thanks Daimo for staying open for the late night foodie calls!