Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 June
TheThirstyTourists
Yeppoon, Australia

A little pricey

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Aug 2018
This motel is ok, the staff were friendly, the room was clean and the bed was firm. They offer breakfast which is on par with what other motels offer.

We stayed on the 3rd floor and there is an elevator available. Parking is limited which is a downside.

For the price it's expensive for what it offers.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
      AU$195
    • Priceline
    8.3 km from Days Inn by Wyndham Fontana / Rialto
    View more hotels in Rialto
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I read the reviews and was having serious 2nd thoughts about this place and almost canceled. I'm glad that I didn't.

My husband and I stayed 5 nights in this hotel with 3 kids ages 9 to 13 with autism and multiple medical issues. We had a 2nd floor suite with 2 queen beds. We brought two twin bed air mattresses and a pump with us.

This is an older hotel. This is not a Hilton or Marriott. However, that said, the room was very clean and comfortable. Our needs were met. The hotel has one elevator that is small, old, and dated. If you have a loved one with mobility impairments with you, I would suggest that you consider the king suites instead as they are on the 1st floor.

The hotel staff are all very helpful and kind and accommodating. Any needs that we had were immediately addressed. Everyone was super friendly.

The breakfast is standard hotel faire, but the staff worked hard to make sure no one left hungry.

The hotel is right on the beach. The part of the beach it is on is quiet and not crowded. The pool area is very nice, well kept, and very clean.

Again, know what you're getting into. Remember that it's an older place. If you run into a problem, go to the front desk. They will do all they can to make it right as soon as possible. Also remember that Jekyll island has a rural, out of the way charm about it. If you are able to be flexible, I promise you that you will have a wonderful time here.

Date of stay: July 2018
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 24 June 2018

We were having renovations done on our house, we moved back in before painting was finished because this motel is not what the pictures show. We checked in and I asked if they could upgrade us to a suite and they downgraded us to a smaller bed and a huge tub in the room. We needed a handicapped accessibility room and this room was not it. The large whirlpool tub in the room was not accessible for either my husband or myself and not safe for us to use. We asked to be moved to a king size bed accessible room and we were told they had none available, so another night in an uncomfortable situation. The next morning we moved four doors down into a more accessible room with a king sized bed.
    The desk people are nice however slow in doing anything. Expect a wait if checking in behind some people. The house keeping is good. We required few things while we were there by housekeeping,but when we did they were cheerful. Spanish speakers mostly. Never a sure time for when they came by each morning, so it is a guessing whether you can get a shower or not before or after they show up.
    The entire place needs updating. Wyndham Corp people have not stayed here yet, or they would make changes. The ice machine works occasionally when people do not fill ice chests up or have a party outside. The pool area looks nice. There is a pool and hot spa available. Be warned breakfast is continental only. If you want a large breakfast go out for it. The motel is on a busy area. The ten freeway is behind it, plus the railroad yard is just beyond the freeway. You can hear the trains whistles and brakes as they pull into the yard and we were in the front of the motel. I cannot imagine the noise in rooms in the back along the freeway. If Wyndham takes the motel in hand and updates it, it might become a property to be proud of, meanwhile it is on its way to being a sad place to stay.
    Kudos- the bed was comfortable, housekeeping was there daily, friendly desk people, pool area is nice looking, breakfast was available and someone did keep an eye on it and replenish as needed.

Room tip: Stay in front of motel if possible, probably less noise.
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Katherine S
    Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Here we go again. Dad n I finish work early on the mornin and we need a room for the nite. Who we callin? Try the place we stayed at almost a year ago. I called and the desk lady said they had a room available but I couldn't check in early til about 0900. This time we stayed up on the 3rd floor and it's a walk but they do have 2 elevators available. The shower is strong and felt great. Another good location with a friendly staff and I'll be back if I'm in the area and need a room.

Date of stay: June 2018
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed 2 June 2018

Check your bank account!!!! We were double charged for the room. I was assured before checkout that it was just an authorization and that it would fall off when my bank processed it. 2 days later my credit union had processed both charges. I called and spoke to the front desk about the 2 charges. I was told that my bank hadn't had time to process it and that it would fall off. I told her that my credit union processes charges quicker than a bank. She took my name and number for the manager to call back. It has been a week and the manager has not bothered to return my phone call. My credit union said it would take 8-10 business days to process the charge dispute. It has been 5 business days and my credit union has already returned my money on the second room charge.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The pool was dirty & not heated. The hot tub was ok, but the concrete was chipping away so there were lots of chunks at the bottom that hurt when you accidentally stepped on them.
    The rooms were old & could use an update, but they were tolerable for 2 nights.
    The bathrooms were awful. The toilet randomly flushed on its own & the shower faucet was ridiculously complicated. You had to unscrew the cap to turn on the water & adjust the back part of the handle to adjust the temp - there was no logical explanation to how one position gave hot water one time and the same position would give cold water at another time.
    The television had fewer than 10 channels, mostly news or vulgar movies (on one channel).
    The WiFi was so incredibly slow & they changed the password during our stay, but didn’t tell us until we went and asked.
    Breakfast was cereal or toast & the juice was hit or miss on flavor.
    The pet friendly rooms were not cleaned well, so our puppy found hard animal poop under the skirt of one bed and a dog treat under the skirt of the other bed.
    They also originally double charged us, but they’ve assured us that the second charge will drop off.

Trip type: Travelled with family