“Pre show birthday ”
Review of Timber & Salt

Timber & Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Timber & Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 306 Restaurants in Redwood City
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was ok, great server, slow service as a pre show stop for the Fox. One would think they would be ready. I would give it a try again as the server was great, food was good and the drinks did just what the should. Just slow service

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to try out this bar and restaurant in Redwood City. This place has been around for about two years now. Pretty cool place. Ordered the spring garlic soup and fried chicken. The soup is really yummy despite the color (green) .

Reviewed 10 March 2018

While walking through several blocks of eating establishments, we stopped at this one and was instantly drawn to the ambiance. We were instantly greeted upon entering at around 7:30pm but was told that the only seating available was at the bar, despite 3 open tables. No worries though, we waited by the bar for no more than 5 minutes and nabbed a few bar stools. The kind gentleman who gave me his seat declared that the Timber & Salt burger was the best burger in town and that we had to give it a try...so we did. We also ordered the Pork Belly Sliders, Smoked Brisket Hush Puppies, and the Fried Chicken to share.

The pork belly sliders were the first to come out then moments later the hush puppies. The sliders were a perfect combination of warm savory pork belly with a cool, sweet and tangy slaw - so satisfying! I would have ordered a second round of them without hesitation, but we still had more food coming. The hushpuppies were not what I had imagined, but not in a bad way. When I normally think of hush puppies, I imagine golden fried balls of cornmeal and in this case, obviously smoked brisket would somehow be incorporated; the actual dish was more of smoked brisket meat balls than hush puppies but still very enjoyable. The external portion of the ball was likely coated with a batter of sorts and smooth in texture, but when you bite into it, you get generous amounts of pulled brisket. The dish came with 5 pieces and it came down to us fighting for that last piece!

After the appetizers, our server brought out both the burger and the fried chicken at the same time. The bar tender made a comment saying it's one of the best burgers that she's tried and she's very into burger-ology. When I took that first bite, everything that everyone was saying totally made sense. The bacon jam and that mayo was such an amazing combination; the flavor palette on that burger just made my mouth dance and do tricks, begging for more! Yes, it lived up to the hype of two complete strangers, and I fully endorse it as well! If you get a chance, please give the burger a try! Your mouth and stomach will thank you!

Lastly, we had the fried chicken. It was nicely seasoned and fried to perfection. Seated on top of a bed of collard greens and roasted veggies, this bird was just what we needed. The gravy on top added an extra layer of flavors and moisture, which was not lacking in the chicken at all! My company was a little less impressed as she thought that the seasoning was a bit heavy handed on the breading, which I can understand, but I love bold flavors so it didn't register the same with me.

Overall the team was very attentive to the customers, the atmosphere was sophisticated and relaxing. We were very happy to have stumbled upon this underrated little gem and hopefully you'll enjoy your next meal there as much as we did!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Went for cocktails after Startup conference. Enjoyed great outdoor space - warm, cozy, and pleasant. Great wine list. Only had gourmet fries appetizer - they were great for fries - but menu looked good and was varied. My waiter was FABULOUS - brought me a nice coupe of champagne to celebrate my birthday (which was the next day). I would definitely return to eat a full meal based on service and menu.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Sat down at the lovely outside tables on a spectacular Friday - way early, not very crowded, like around 6 pm - and sat for 15-20 minutes without water menu, waitperson, or even seeing a server at other tables. Other customers were running up to the bar to get menus, trying valiantly to take things into their own hands. No luck. Finally got a drink, after quite some time. Won't be back unless I bring my own.