All reviews comfortable king size bed yogurt el camino room was clean enjoyed my stay three nights elevator tv driveway channels california rates motel
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

There are a lot of things to like about the Comfort Inn Redwood City. I have stayed there many times, nearly always as a traveling medical patient in town for activities at Stanford, which has two locations nearby --the outpatient center in Redwood City about a mile away and the main medical facility in Palo Alto about 4 miles away. Without exception, every visit has met or exceeded my expectations. The management and staff take great care to keep this property very well maintained. The decor is contemporary and comfortable and the housekeeping staff doing marvelous job of keeping the rooms extremely clean and fresh. I’ve stayed in several rooms on property, and several times was there for an extended stay following surgical procedures. While the rooms may vary in size and lay out, and of course there is some difference between the kings, doubles, and suites, what doesn't vary is the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. I really like that this property is quiet -- I never fail to get an excellent night sleep when I'm there -- and I especially like that the windows open to enjoy the fresh air and cool breeze common in Redwood City. The hotel does have a pool; though I haven’t used it, it looks quite enticing. Parking is especially easy. The location of the property is terrific, right on El Camino Real within proximity to all that Redwood City has to offer. All of that said, what I appreciate most about this property is the people. Professional and helpful in every regard. They care about their customers and want to make the experience a great one. This is a preferred property for me and I highly recommend it if you are in the Redwood City area. Definitely best in class.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Indys S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Jill,

Glad to hear we were able to make accommodations for you and you were taken care of so well. All of ours staffs are so excited to see you at the Comfort Inn and we are here to give you a comfort as long as we can. We hope to see you on your next stay in Redwood City, when you have an appointment at Stanford Hospital.

Thank you for your time on Tripadvisor review.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I stayed here for 1 night on a quick business trip. Seems way overpriced. The room had a "musty" odor, and needs to be repainted or at least touched up.

The breakfast, served in the check in/out space is to be skipped.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Indys S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Matt,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stay at Comfort Inn Redwood City several times a year, due to medical visits at Stanford. I get personal attention upon arrival and checkout. Staff is alway courteous and helpful and always accommodating. Rooms are clean and stocked, pool area is always clean and safe, and the breakfast is always hot and ready. It's nice arriving at Comfort Inn where the staff kowns your name and is happy to see you. I highly recommend Redwood City Comfort Inn for all your lodging needs. You will not be disappointed. I've stayed here 6 times so far

Room Tip: All rooms on 3 levels around a beautiful Atrium. That alone is worth the stay. Very relaxing.
Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear valuable guest,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I chose this location because it was close to downtown, and everything I wanted access to. I arrived at 1130, and knowing that people can check out as late as 1100, I figured the room wouldn't be ready, but thought I'd ask. It was. So I was checked in quickly, and parked around back. The parking is good here. Covered, wide spaces, with a tall ceiling. California is notorious for tiny parking spaces and ceilings barely above the top of vehicles. As I travel with a roof box and cb antenna on the roof, it was quite nice to have a comfortable amount of space for parking.

My room was clean, neat, and most importantly, quiet. I have a habit of picking up mattresses and checking under things, looking at sheets and other areas to see if they're dirty. It looked fine to me. I was there for three nights, and slept great every time.

I chose this particular room for the jacuzzi tub. It did not work properly. When I turned it on, it just made a godawful roar and had 4 pitiful jets spouting water. That's the only reason I won't go 5 stars. Another issue with California hotels is that you're lucky if you can get a hot shower. Here, I ended up with a tub full of hot water.

You're a short walk away from a lot. The Caltrain, Safeway, multiple restaurants, bars, movies...it's why I chose this location. I parked when I arrived, and never got in my car until I left. I enjoyed my stay here, and had no issues at all.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by this motel. Courteous staff, a good breakfast offering included, near other restaurants. A large room with a comfortable king size bed. Good TV channel offerings. Pool. Driveway on El Camino Real, but buildings situated off of the main street which kept it more quiet. I would request an even numbered room on the 3rd floor. Elevator is provided.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is best, some noise transfer if on lower floors.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Indys S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear valuable guest ,
Wow, thank you for the 4 star review! We are thrilled we provided you with excellent service and hotel offer decent services and you enjoyed stay at the Comfort Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Warm regards,

Indy S