All reviews mexican food gas station el camino fresh fruit place to stay first floor large room free breakfast pleasant stay palo alto silicon valley housekeeping staff bw menlo college amenities supermarket
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Nice location right off El Camino and basically Atherton/Menlo as opposed to Central RWC. The property was under construction so a bit of a mess on the outside, but the rooms inside were nice and big and spacious. Huge and Comfy beds and super fast wifi for a hotel. (It is Silicon Valley!). better than expected breakfast, and SUPER Staff (thanks Luis Garcia!) If you like the best Mexican Food North of the border, than you landed in the right place. The Super Marcado is right across the street. But a short walk to Middlefield and you have some super dining options! Great cycling and running options right outside your door. I will be back!

Room Tip: Upstairs corner room is quiet and off the path of walking of other hotel guests.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I submitted a review, not sure where it is. This Best Western in Redwood City is located in a blue collar neighborhood. It is under re/construction, re/model. I was in room 108. Large room, large shower. The sofa needs to be removed as it has an offensive stain. Carpet is ugly, hopefully it will be removed. Andrea is awesome; she helped me book the room, she helped me when I thought I was arriving late, and she greeted me upon my arrival. Taqueria across the street is where I had dinner. Free breakfast was fine. Joseph was awesome; he researched information for me while I was at work. Hopefully Best Western will consider being a good civic neighbor and improve the intersection. Fitness center was closed for construction; however, a fitness center down the road was available for free. Wheelchair accessible for first floor rooms.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Donnarose T
Reviewed 20 April 2018

This hotel is in the process of being remodeled. My family was fortunate to stay in a recently upgraded room. The room and amenities were great. Nice HOT breakfast and fast internet. Very close to Menlo College and Standford and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 2 December 2017

We chose this BW to be close to Stanford. We depend the BW standards to ensure we have a comfortable, safe and clean place to stay. We really think that will be the case at a BW Plus. But what encountered was something far less than this standard. The door to the shower/toilet is notched in order to open and close without hitting the toilet. The sofa had multiple stains. The room had a strange odor. The suite had an odd layout. And the area where the BW is located is sketchy. The electronic door lock did not operate so they had installed a regular key lock and I had a key to enter my room. There were clean linens and hot water and the front desk clerk was very nice. They also offer coffee all day which is nice. When I wrote my review to BW I received the same apology form letter from the management that all other complainants received. As a BW Diamond member, I've stayed in a lot of BWs across the country and fortunately have never encountered such a room even when the property was remodeling. I hope they do indeed improve the property to meet or exceed the standards of a normal BW+

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank GDNV
Brittany S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Executive Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Greetings GDNV,
Our entire team appreciates the feedback you were so kind enough to take the time to provide us with. I apologize for the condition of your room, and agree that there are areas for our hotel to improve on during our upcoming extensive renovations. We are all very excited to welcome the much needed changes to the property, as we pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service, as well as clean and comfortable rooms. I sincerely hope that you will consider returning once the renovations have been completed.
Brittany Stevenson

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Watch out for room prices per night charged. I booked on the phone and was only told the cost of the first night which I agreed to. The second night had a hike of $90 compared to the first night. I found this out at time of check out. I was not happy. I requested to speak to the manager, who was out of the hotel at the time. I requested a call from him when he returned.... I never got a call back. I stay at Best Westerns when I can and this stay was very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business