“Worth the Wait”

Ranked #24 of 315 Restaurants in Redwood City
Price range: USD 9 - USD 26
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 December 2017

First time here with my son before an evening event. We were delighted with the quality of the meal. There was a large party seated next to us, and it took a bit to get our order taken, but the food arrived quickly. I will say parking was typical Friday-night-horrible. I had dropped my son off thinking I would find a spot, and the poor guy had to wait 20 minutes alone in the restaurant!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful, flavorful, great service. Just ate here for the first time. Salmon, cauliflower, burger and fries were all amazing! Don't miss Aly's!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Was seated immediately at a quiet booth table. Was offered water and Tina came for our drinks. The Margarita and Manhattan were both very good. Ordered the bruschetta and it was as good as any I've tasted. Bravo. The Aly's Burger and Lamb Burger were both good. Receipt 21922.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

I have eaten here many times and have always been pleased. The lamb chops are especially good and meats are carved by the chef. There are dishes such as lentils that I have ordered for lunch, salads are well described and tasty, vegetables including beets are delicious, and desserts are heavenly. The hamburger is freshly ground beef, organic of course, but expect it to have a delicate flavor rather than a fast-food hamburger flavor and enjoy the homemade catsup and french fries. This hamburger is the best deal money-wise but all prices are moderate for such superb quality, individually prepared and deliciously seasoned food. Allow plenty of time to dine, for such individually prepared food sometimes takes longer than usual to arrive and also deserves to be savored. Gluten-free and vegetarian meals are available and the wait-staff are helpful in the selection. We have dined with just two or three of us and with 8 or 10 people in our party. Reservations are a must. Enjoy!

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

This place is a little hard to rate. The food was fantastic and the chef was lovely, but the staff really annoyed us. We didn't know that reservations were required--someone just suggested that we go without this helpful piece of information. We stood by the door as staff members continually walked by us deliberately avoiding eye contact and ignoring us until the owner actually came and acknowledged us. Even if reservations are recommended, I don't think there's any excuse for that kind of rudeness.
That having been said, the food really is yummy--they just need to train their staff better or hire new ones.