“Good price for area - convenient for longer stay”

TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Reviewed 30 July 2012

More reasonably priced than many of the hotels in the area . As previously, mentioned the rooms contain a fridge and limited cooking capabilities. It appears there are different types/sizes of rooms so check on your specific room. I am a Marriott fan so I purposefully try and and stay at Marriott properties when I travel to the are for business. If bringing the family, I would definitely chose this property again, this was my first stay here. I do prefer the Marriott San Mateo for business trip though it is more expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 July 2012

stayed here during our visit to san fran area check in was simple one of the friendliest guys ever room was big served us well breakfast was simple but good had a soak in the hot tub to relax after a hard day pounding the san fran streets could have done with a swim but no big deal not much in the area but a mall and restraunts are 5 min drive away would definatleyrecomend staying here

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 9 days in a room overlooking the water. We had 0 complaints. There was a 2.5 mile walking path next to the hotel that goes along the bay. We walked it each morning and then enjoyed the free breakfast. The staff was great and the location was about 5 blocks to a center with a grocery, restaurants, bank, etc. This is not a resort hotel so there is no pool. They do have a hot tub.
The only advice I would have is to ask for the top floor rooms. Like anywhere, it's better not to have someone walking on your ceiling.
Mr. Marriott has another winner!

Room Tip: Get 4th floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My wife and son and I just finished a two week stay here, and we hated to leave. The suites are spotless, spacious and very comfortable. The kitchen helped us avoid too many restaurant meals, and the "fitness room" and walking path helped us stay in shape. Best of all, everybody on the staff from the folks on the front desk to the maids and breakfast attendants, were so friendly and eager to help. They really contributed to the feeling of being at a home-away-from-home. There's a nice supermarket and several interesting eating spots at a small shopping center a short walk, and even shorter drive, from the hotel. And for convenience, the place couldn't be better located for the 101 freeway, etc. Most of the guests are working for the Silicon Valley outfits like Oracle nearby, and they usually keep to themselves, so there's little to no danger of a disturbance from late night parties. In short, this was the perfect place for us, and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Try for a water view room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

They did allow us to check in early. Sofa was hard and uncomfortable. One time when I went to use the elevator I kept pressing the button...no elevator, and I was on the 4th floor. Only full/queen bed. No real breakfast. Small outdoor spa that looked like it needed some attention. Nice walking path along the bay. BUT on our last day, no hot water! When I called down to the desk, they said it was throughout the entire hotel, so they couldn't even send us to another room to take showers before our flight! I would look elsewhere, before booking here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Redwood Creek Inn
#5 of 17 in Redwood City
2.4 km away
HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores

Been to TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores

Address: 1000 Twin Dolphin Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065-1133
Region: United States > California > Redwood City
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
#4 Business Hotel in Redwood City
Price Range: $165 - $426 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Marriott, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores Hotel Redwood City