1,585 results
All reviews business hotel san francisco lagoon view office park free shuttle shuttle service redwood shores airport shuttle silicon valley business trip parking garage palo alto minute drive sofitel lobby doorman bay
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Spent a couple of nights at the Pullman San Francisco Bay while on a business trip to the Bay Area. Check-in was one of the most unwelcoming that I've ever experienced at a hotel. The front desk clerk refused to look me in the eye throughout the entire process; and she mumbled only just enough to avoid being downright rude. The hotel itself was quite nice, and the room was clean and well-appointed, although there was no mini-bar. However, the walls are paper-thin. At check-in, I specifically asked for a quiet room, since I was in town for a business meeting and needed a good night's rest as I had to be up early in the morning. Despite my request, the front desk clerk gave me a room adjoining a very "lively" family who were so loud that I could clearly hear entire conversations through the wall I shared with them.

The food from the hotel restaurant was tasty, but dining options were extremely limited. There are no restaurants or shops within walking distance of hotel since it's right in the middle of a corporate park. Therefore, for most of the day, your only option is the hotel's one restaurant or room service. There is a small cafe called the Market that sells a limited array of sandwiches, coffee and other sundries, but it's only open until 1 p.m. (contrary to the hotel's own welcome pamphlet, which states that the Market is open until 6 p.m. on weekdays). Since there were no vending-machines or mini-bars, there was no place for me to grab a quick afternoon bite or late-night snack. Your only choice was to head to the restaurant for a sit-down meal, or to order expensive room service. This is a major oversight on the part of the hotel. Extending the opening hours of the Market or installing vending machines in the hotel would really improve the guest experience, but based on the demotivated attitude of the front-desk staff, it doesn't seem like this is the hotel's primary concern. In this respect, it was way below the standards of the other Accor hotels that I've stayed at in the past.

Room tip: Walls are thin, so bring earplugs if you need quiet to sleep. Request a higher floor to escape the music / noise from restaurant.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Caribbean_Queen2014
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

For a business trip. Rooms are comfortable well insulated from exterior noise. Bedding is of very good quality. The hotel is well located not far from the shore, allowing nice early running in nature before the working hours :)

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PhiliMil
Dulce M, Front Office Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello PhiliMil,
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your future stay with us.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I booked this hotel for its outdoor pool, because after a long flight, there is nothing better than going for a swim in a proper pool. Unfortunately, the pool could not be used because the hotel were waiting for some permit from the city. Not that this information was publicised. While young Ken at reception was quick to retort, that "they had told Expedia", he could not explain, why the hotel's own website omitted to mention that the outdoor pool could not be used. The poor man was clearly too challenged to think to apologize. To make matters worse, he then booked us into a room that had not been cleaned (at 9pm!). The alternative was the wheelchair access room which, of course, does not come with a bath but an extra large loo area and a super tiny cupboard. Why a wheelchair access room should not have a regular size cupboard escapes me. The true highlight was the bellman. But even all his kindness could not make up for the lack of the pool and an apology. We booked three nights, but will escape tomorrow!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I was at the Pullman for a tech conference and left package with artwork for a friend of mine at the concierge. Unfortunately they lost the package and when I came the following day the concierge staff was clueless. Left my business card and asked for manager to call me back. 5 days later no phone call and package has not been recovered. Unprofessional on every level and very disappointed.

1  Thank Tytus C

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I apologize for the lack of response in regards to your package. Please contact me at the hotel to gather more details and we will make it right. We look forward to resolving your concern and connecting with you. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Great rooms, restaurant and amenities. Stayed there early March, loved the fact that they have a huge restaurant with very nice dishes and decent prices. Staff is helpful, location is great and view is amazing.

1  Thank Oana L

Dear Oana L,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are delighted to hear about the pleasant stay with us and we look forward to your future visits with us.