“Nice place”
Review of Angelicas

Angelicas
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelicas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 315 Restaurants in Redwood City
Price range: USD 29 - USD 31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Broadway or Middlefield
Transit: Cal trans is a 5-10 minute walk
Description: A venue with many choices; what do you feel like doing today? Restaurant Dinning indoors or Al Fresco Dinning (Outdoor Dinning) we are located in the historic district of downtown Redwood City, come visit us Tuesday through Sunday for breakfast, lunch, dinner or weekend brunch. Our Executive Chef, Manuel Nunez, offers a unique style of California cuisine with a Latin and European fusion. Start off the morning with Breakfast; sample our Meyer Lemon Pancakes; Italian Eggs Benedict Lunch; Angelicas Kale Salad; or Weekend Brunch: bottomless Mimosas; Country-Style Breakfast; Carne a la Mexicana; Angelicas Stuffed French Toast; Happy Hour; Spirits, Beers, wines; Angus Sliders: Dinner; Grilled Salmon with Lemongrass Sauce; Prime Rib Shepherd's Pie; Filet Mignon Dinner Theatre Room: 20 – 25 live dinner shows with state of the art sound and lighting, some of the best entertainment from the San Francisco Bay area is read
Reviewed 28 August 2018

A little pricey, but a nice place, especially for that special dinner, or other event. Overall a nice place

Reviewed 27 August 2018

First of all I have to disclose that I was in the restaurant industry for 30+ years. I managed all kinds of restaurants: Corporate restaurants, Mexican, fine dining you named. The most important thing thing I've learned as a manager is, that you must do 1000 things perfect every day, every shift, on every table in order to keep your base clientele and, specially to gain new customers. As we all know, this industry is extremely competitive, so again, you MUST chase perfection.

Yesterday we went to Angelicas for the first time. I am not going to mentioned the minutia of the service we received because the server was extremely nice, but he missed a few things.
The food was good but cold, every dish was cold. Is anyone making sure everything come oust hot? Is the food holding at a minimum of 135? I ordered the huevos rancheros and they came with cold salsa on the bottom of the plate. Really? please keep the salsa warm. My wife's omelette was also cold, and my boy's pancakes were under cooked.
Despite of cold food we are giving Angelicas another try. Why? The patio es beautiful and the service is friendly. I am hoping we get hot food so we keep coming back .

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Play sand amazing. It's so beautiful and so inviting you never want to leave. Went for brunch for the first time and set on the back patio and what a beautiful experience. Especially since the weather is always nice and sunny it's so beautiful to sit outside. The wait staff was so attentive and we had the bottomless mimosas and our glasses were never empty. My husband asked about the chorizo and our server brought the owner/manager over to the table and they explained how they made their own. Everything was wonderful.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Very nice venue and the food and service were fine except for..
-- We waited at the check-in for over 8 minutes. two people were good enough to say that someone would be right there.. but they weren't.
-- I ordered the corned-beef hash. It was the best I ever had (and I have tried a lot). However, the poached eggs on top were hard-boiled.. No fluid yolk at all. Unfortunately, we did not have time to send it back.
.. So, we will try it again. I look forward to the hash with properly cooked eggs.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We had a nice relaxing breakfast here. Always a comfortable place either inside or on the patio. Music in the evening is lots of fun in the intimate venue.