1,354 results
All reviews across the street the club lounge tennis courts nice hotel ruby's diner street parking ocean view self parking cheesecake factory small balcony per night bike rental upon check santa monica few blocks los angeles marina
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to like the Crowne Plaza but several things rubbed me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong the location is fabulous and within walking distance to several restaurants and the pier.

For the price I was disappointed that the bathtub had a dark ring around it as if it hadn't been cleaned in months. Noticed this during a bath. Yuck!!! All the lights in the bathroom blew out the last night I was there. It was well after 10PM and I wanted to go to bed so I didn't call the front desk. The white comforter had some unknown black stains.

We were there on business travel but the hotel doesn't really cater to business rather vacationers. When my colleague and I asked for a private quiet area to do a couple hours of proprietary work we were told to sit in the bar/lounge area or rent a room?!? What the heck, seriously?

Prices were outrageous. Gift shop sold 20 oz sodas for $3 each and candy bars about the same price. A very simple breakfast was over $30.

Rooms on the back side of the building are dark and ordinary. Make sure to only stay in a room with a balcony facing the ocean.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank traveling_with_kathy
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Hello traveling_with_kathy!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina, CA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient.

However, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bath, lighting and the prices. We will look into these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We stayed 3 nights and would definitely stay again. Highly recommended! Close to food, pier, great walks and more. Very reasonable rates for the area and within driving distance to everything you could want to see.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The hotel is ideally situated near the marina and pier. At first I was worried that my balcony overlooked a street, but it turned out to be very quiet and had a nice ocean view. The room was very clean, parking was easy, and the staff very helpful.

Room tip: Pick a room with a balcony facing the front toward the ocean
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

This is my go to Hotel when required or wishing to spend some time in LA. It is a short drive from LAX down Sepulveda Blvd during which one can note all the different stores and restaurants available in the area. Of course, the main attraction is the beach location. We always hire bikes from the hotel or across the road and hit the bike path. One can ride all the way to Venice Beach. Not a biker, then walk up to Hermosa Beach for coffee or a meal. There are many many good restaurant choices. The hotel itself has undergone a recent refurbishment and ticks all boxes for me. It has a great bar scene and nice breakfast options. I thoroughly recommend a stay here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Definitely different than any experience I've had at another hotel in the hotel group. I'm a platinum elite member and I usually get pretty nice upgrades as I stay weekly in hotels for work. They didn't acknowledge my status, which made me feel kind of like a number, and The upgrade was cute but really not what I expected. Cramped room and a really really cramped bathroom. There was not even a real door on the bathroom, just a pair of shutters. A little disappointed with my room although the view was nice. Room service was nice though. A lot of weird charges on my bill though.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hello Tarra W,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are always saddened to learn when any guest leaves feeling disappointed with their stay. I regret to know from your review that you were not acknowledged as one of our most important guests and apologize for the condition of the room assigned to you. Our hotel is committed to providing our visitors with the highest level of service and accommodation and I regret if there were lapses that happened. I have forwarded your genuine observations to the hotel management for review for needed improvements in our rooms and service as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service and accommodations we offer to our guests.

Thanks for being a part of our continuous efforts of creating great hotels that guests love by being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member. Your loyalty is always greatly appreciated and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G