“Nice property great location”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Maple Valley, Washington
“Nice property great location”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is a nice Crown Plaza in a really fun location by the waterfront.
Added perk of the use of Gold's Gym next door complimentary!

Upon our arrival the front desk staff said they were all booked and my third pary reservation did not guarentee me 2 beds. I argued that I book it for 3 people and that I could not share a bed with my husbank and 17 year old son. Funny that she kept arguing with me. I finnally got a dbl unit but it was a smoking room So smelly! Other than that it was a nice property and good value.

Room Tip: We had a corner balconey...nice room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank atarnove
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thanks for your nice review. I am sorry about the difficulties you experienced getting the two double beds; we do our best to honor all bed type requests, but on days when we sell out we sometimes have difficulties. We do plan to go 100% non smoking in our rooms when we complete our renovation in November of this year, which should eliminate the smell that you experienced in a smoking room.
Look forward to your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel 2 nights, good location, friendly front desk. I read all comments before I checked in, asked a pool side room, it has nice view and quiet, nice swimming pool. I parked a couple of block away just because I don't want to pay $26/day parking in hotel, internet is $10/day here. No any free channels in TV, even very basic channels.
Room is very classic, simple furnitures and out of date, old TV.

Room Tip: If you like new updated room, also are sensitive in smelling, stay away this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank runninginearth
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you received good service from the front desk. Your comment regarding the selection of free television channels is a little confusing to me; we have an extensive lineup of all major networks and cable channels, and have just added Fox News this month as weil. As I have mentioned in previous responses, we will undergo a complete renovation of the hotel, beginning with the rooms, in September.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed 6 nights on a business trip. Very happy with my experience. My room was a good size. Front desk staff were attentive. Hotel has restaurant and bar. Quality of food and service in restaurant was very good - had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. There are a number of very good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel which is a two-minute walk from the harbor. I would stay here again.

2 Thank GeogProfOH
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad that you received good service from the front desk, and had a pleasant experience in our restaurant Splash.
Look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here through work for two nights and found the hotel to be perfectly located for the beach and the harbor. The reception staff were warm and welcoming, and I was offered a choice of a smoking room with a balcony or a non smoking room which did not have a balcony. I decided to try the smoking room despite the fact that I didn't smoke as I preferred the use of the outside space. The room did not smell of smoke at all and the balcony area was great to sit out and watch the world go by and you could easily fit two chairs out there.

The hotel itself is very old fashioned, but it would be an ideal choice should you wish to simply throw down your bags and get some sleep, as the bed is incredibly comfortable and loaded with pillows. The rooms are dated however, and there is much room for improvement regarding interior redecoration and modernization. In the room, the television was the old box style, the desk had seen better days and there was a thick layer of dust underneath the bed frame.

Wireless internet is available both in room and in the lobby area at a charge of $9.95 per 24 hours, and car parking onsite is chargeable too (I believe it is quite expensive, around $25 per night but did not have a car with me so can't be sure).

This hotel would be perfect for travelers looking for a room with a view, but be careful as the left side of the hotel looks out onto a power station covered in a hideous whale mural. The right hand side rooms look out onto the pool area which is a little easier on the eye, whilst the very few forward harbor facing rooms offer the best views but these obviously come at a price.

The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant, and definitely have the qualities necessary to make your stay more enjoyable and hassle free.

Room Tip: Right hand side pool view, higher the better. Back facing rooms don't have a balcony!
2 Thank ThatMrRobinson
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you for your very nice comments regarding the service you experienced from our front desk staff. You are right on the money regarding the rooms, and we are starting a complete guest room renovation in September of this year which will result in a beautiful new room for you to enjoy (inlcuding the television), hopefully on your next stay. I laughed about your comment about the whale mural; it was painted by a very famous marine artist Wyland, but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The folks at the front desk are completely inept. No one is willing to help you out with anything. Pray that you don't have any issues with your room or other needs, because no one will help you!

Try the Best Western Sunrise across the street if you need a room - I heard it was a much better experience.

2 Thank LMK4100
I am very concerned to read your review. Normally our front desk staff receives many positive comments, and I apologize for the treatment that you experienced. I do hope that you will come back again to visit us, as I am sure that you will have a much better stay. Without more specifics, it is difficult for us to take corrective action.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
3.0 km away
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!